• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Serious truth about [Redacted]

Do you want to know what is a helluva lot more disturbing, counterproductive, and wrong? Hiring Jeff [Redacted] and then keeping him around for 4 seasons. It may be the worst non-criminal decision in the history of college coaching. In life, you reap what you sow. Of course you are going to get over the top negativity when you follow such a poor, poor course of action. They took the then-glowing face of the University and shat all over it. The negativity is fully warranted.

The most productive way to show displeasure is to write a letter to the AD, then not show up at games. I no longer have season tickets. That is the only thing to do. The bile toward Buzz is unwarranted personal and therefore counterproductive.

We can't do anything about the hiring of Buzz now and I am fucking sick of all the threads being hijacked arguing about the same shit over and over again. These kids no matter their failings deserve our support and fu buzz banners and billboards embarrass the program and all of us. It hurts with no positive result except for nihilistic assholes.

Buzz surely does not want to put up with this any longer, and the ticket sales have to be effected. Don't go to the games. Voice it when they ask for money. Money is the only thing that these people understand. Think tobacco money for god sake. The personal shit just hardens positions.

True, diver. And the personal vitriol and attacks and garbage is really going to hurt our next coaching search, which may be next year. The whole situation is toxic. I think we can do better than Buzz, and agree with diver the way to go about it is not giving and letters to Ron. Level-headed, not whiny, borderline psychotic and threatening personal attacks. If I am a head coach, I really have to think twice about coming here after this display by our fan base. If I am an established winning coach, no chance. If I am an up-and-comer with a short, but successful resume, and have confidence in my abilities, I think I wait on the next one. Buzz never had a chance here before he even got to hold a practice.

True, diver. And the personal vitriol and attacks and garbage is really going to hurt our next coaching search, which may be next year. The whole situation is toxic. I think we can do better than Buzz, and agree with diver the way to go about it is not giving and letters to Ron. Level-headed, not whiny, borderline psychotic and threatening personal attacks. If I am a head coach, I really have to think twice about coming here after this display by our fan base. If I am an established winning coach, no chance. If I am an up-and-comer with a short, but successful resume, and have confidence in my abilities, I think I wait on the next one. Buzz never had a chance here before he even got to hold a practice.

No, it won't, and you're a fucking idiot.

Haha. You are being such a drama queen. Borderline Psychotic? Nobody even yells "Buzzzz you suck" at a game. Wake has about the most cordial fans you can imagine.

Most coaches would take engaged fans over fans that don't care any day.

bz never had a chance because his record was mediocre (to be as kind as possible).

what the hell is wrong with you people? jesus christ it's like you've never watched basketball before.

Confused-Jacksonville-Jaguars-fan-in-stands.gif

Diver and 88,

The money has stopped flowing in long ago from the majority. My family's after 38 years. It's the über wealthy minority that keeps funding this charade. Against my better judgement, I bought two tickets for me and my 3yr old for Saturdays game as I want him to grow up a Deacon fan. But if changes aren't made to the hoops program in the near term, this will be the first and last Wake hoops game he attends for a long long time. And that's just sad.

I am glad our awful fans didn't keep Clawson away.

Glad we have fans like this guy!

1555386_10153810341175061_26006054_n.jpg

EVERYONE MUST BE AS POLITE AND RAH-RAH AS ME OTHERWISE EVERYTHING WILL COME CRASHING DOWN AND OMG PUT THE SPOON THERE AND THE FORK THERE NOT THE OTHER WAY AROUND

Wonder what Buzz was thinking here.

1604881_10203091879687482_1730500168_n.jpg

Back