• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Serious truth about [Redacted]

I've been talking about how much better our half court offense is and of course getting flamed. Against a zone like they have you have to shot the ball - that's it.

rebounding is a disaster. McKie is not competing there. He simply is not. Devin blocks out and Tyler does as well although overmatched last night, but the three spot is killing us in there.

Buzz and the staff are developing players. I believe the guy can coach. But from day one it was evident that he is not capable of leading an ACC team to consistent success. He does not have the personality to recruit and promote. It is painful.

The bile spilled out toward him is over the top. It is unproductive. I believe that the players feel it especially McKie and Thomas. True supporters do not act the way many on this board have.

The best thing that could have happened with this situation is Clawsen. Grobe has been pissing me off the past three years even worse than Buzz. He sucked. punting on 4th down and three from the 38, shotgun runs in short yardage, gutless, and the energy level in recruiting is overwhelming. Fuck Grobe especially the way he got paid off then whined about Wake.

So now Wellman sees the impact of a positive attitude and aggressive promoter. I guarantee you season ticket sales for football will rebound dramatically.

Wellman can thank Buzz for "cleaning up the program" and Buzz will continue to be labeled a "turnaround artist" just like corporate America has. Bullshit yes but true.

Then we can bring in an aggressive coach that can recruit to the level we need. Big hire.

I would've agreed with you about that as recently as a month ago, but posters on this board need to be vocal because most of the people that have any real influence won't pull their heads out of the sand. There are a couple people on here that are irrational, but the majority of the buzzouters know what they're talking about.

I've been talking about how much better our half court offense is and of course getting flamed. Against a zone like they have you have to shot the ball - that's it.

rebounding is a disaster. McKie is not competing there. He simply is not. Devin blocks out and Tyler does as well although overmatched last night, but the three spot is killing us in there.

Buzz and the staff are developing players. I believe the guy can coach. But from day one it was evident that he is not capable of leading an ACC team to consistent success. He does not have the personality to recruit and promote. It is painful.

The bile spilled out toward him is over the top. It is unproductive. I believe that the players feel it especially McKie and Thomas. True supporters do not act the way many on this board have.

The best thing that could have happened with this situation is Clawsen. Grobe has been pissing me off the past three years even worse than Buzz. He sucked. punting on 4th down and three from the 38, shotgun runs in short yardage, gutless, and the energy level in recruiting is overwhelming. Fuck Grobe especially the way he got paid off then whined about Wake.

So now Wellman sees the impact of a positive attitude and aggressive promoter. I guarantee you season ticket sales for football will rebound dramatically.

Wellman can thank Buzz for "cleaning up the program" and Buzz will continue to be labeled a "turnaround artist" just like corporate America has. Bullshit yes but true.

Then we can bring in an aggressive coach that can recruit to the level we need. Big hire.

Without a doubt, the animosity toward bzz has been exacerbated by the dishonest manipulations of the AD. I'm as bzz out as they get, but I don't dislike the guy. He's just in way over his head and doesn't handle it very well. Not many people do.

that's really bad to diss our players when you say that buzz cant recruit that reflects negatively on our current cast of players who are actually pretty good no crime to lose to uva and syr lighten up some

It's not that we lost to UVa, it's how we lost to them. Trailing 11-0 to start, down 32 in the second half. Same with Tennessee, Xavier, Pitt. They're all good teams, but we weren't even competitive.

This pretty much nails it.

Agree wholeheartedly. The only thing I would add is that I think RW thought he could get someone bigger, but when that failed, I'd guess Buzz was next on the list. The over the top negativity toward him is disturbing and very counterproductive, especially with the players. It is just wrong.

This is the 7th year of transition from Skip to a real coach when we needed one at the most. Jeff [Redacted] should never be anywhere near a list for a legit program.

This is the 7th year of transition from Skip to a real coach when we needed one at the most. Jeff [Redacted] should never be anywhere near a list for a legit program.

Dave Odom's not too busy...

Be polite and don't think negatively! Be swell to everyone, because win or lose, trying is the most important thing! That's the Wake way! Accountability is for mean people!

Reactions: DG3
that's really bad to diss our players when you say that buzz cant recruit that reflects negatively on our current cast of players who are actually pretty good no crime to lose to uva and syr lighten up some

We have recruited core type 4 year players that build consistent winners. Tyler is a great example of a program player that winning teams have. He cant battle syracuse at the 4 spot for 40 minutes. CMM nothwithstanding We have not even sniffed the type of players that it takes to go to the Final Four which is the goal. It only takes one maybe two. Missing Haas was very indicative of what we are facing. If he had closed that deal then maybe one could say our recruiting is improving.

Agree wholeheartedly. The only thing I would add is that I think RW thought he could get someone bigger, but when that failed, I'd guess Buzz was next on the list. The over the top negativity toward him is disturbing and very counterproductive, especially with the players. It is just wrong.

Do you want him back next year?

Good, consistent post.

Well [Redacted] should've been so far down the list that Wellman must've whiffed on about 50 other coaches.

Probably not since it took six days from Gaudio's dismissal to [Redacted]'s hiring.

For some unknown reason, [Redacted] was at least very close to the top of Wellman's list. I'll give RW the benefit of the doubt and say Stevens was number 1, maybe somebody else was 2, but Bzzz was no worse the #3, which was about 100 spots too high.

Yeah, I should've mentioned Mitchell. He'll upgrade the point significantly and McClinton will give us an elite athlete on the wing. We should make the NCAAT next year no matter who's coaching.
I just don't see it. The 2016 class is a bubble team at best. Poor shooting, poor rebounding will not get it done against the talent of Duke, UNC, Louisville, Cuse, etc. we will be middle of the pack until we get new players.

Last edited:
We are weak where the players themselves are lacking either in size and strength or in skill, particularly shooting the ball.

This is all that needs to be said. The players are not big or strong enough to play in the ACC, and also they suck at shooting a basketball.

Larranaga was "offered", according to the Poop Shoot article from last year.

Back