• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Serious truth about [Redacted]

Big E also illustrated the importance of having a 1 who can get get ya the ball in the right place at the right time. When CP3 was at the 1, Big E was a load and a half, his senior year without CP3 he was not nearly as effective because he wasnt getting the ball in the right place at the right time.

Improved from what? Bzz's disgraceful first few years? That is not improvement for Wake. Our record is worse, our defense is worse, our offense is worse, we have less talent, and we play with less enthusiasm than when Dino was here. In what world is that improvement? That isn't improvement, that is someone fucking you in the ass and telling you that you should enjoy it.

Whoa whoa whoa let's not take shots at getting fucked in the ass.

Bz doesn't teach rebounding.
No one follows their shots, maybe one or two guys are banging down low for a board against 3-4 opponents
There are always at least one or two guys seeming running to get back on defense as soon as the ball is shot and on the defensive end we don't have enough of the perimeter players crashing down to the paint.
We were destined to get out rebounded by Syracuse, but there are things that we could do to mitigate the rebounding margin

Improved from what? Bzz's disgraceful first few years? .

Well we have substantially improved over last season; but I can recall before Bz came when we looked utterly befuddled by zone defenses. We would spend the entire shot clock passing the ball around the outside and then take a really bad shot just before the shot clock expired. I can recall before Bz came when we had no half-court offense. We relied on skilled players going one-on-one or free lancing. I can recall before Bz came when our defense against high screens was non-existent.

In terms of schemes, sets, spacing and interior passing we are better than we have been in years. But we are less skilled and we are weaker. And we don't know how to rebound.

Well we have substantially improved over last season; but I can recall before Bz came when we looked utterly befuddled by zone defenses. We would spend the entire shot clock passing the ball around the outside and then take a really bad shot just before the shot clock expired. I can recall before Bz came when we had no half-court offense. We relied on skilled players going one-on-one or free lancing. I can recall before Bz came when our defense against high screens was non-existent.

In terms of schemes, sets, spacing and interior passing we are better than we have been in years. But we are less skilled and we are weaker. And we don't know how to rebound.

Therein lies the predicament. With no major talent upgrade incoming, we must rely on incremental internal improvement. And in November 2016, we're back to sub-mediocrity unless Harry Giles decides to pick Wake.

Mitchell should be an upgrade over Madison. If he pans out that could be very significant since Madison is a huge offensive liability whenever he's on the floor. Considering how rough Travis has been this year getting McClinton back could actually be an upgrade there.

Still no true 5. Still no elite players. NCAA bubble and followed by maybe a single NCAA tourney win before another rebuild seems like the ceiling at this point. All the more reason to ditch [Redacted] after this year and try to capitalize on what we've got.

Mitchell should be an upgrade over Madison. If he pans out that could be very significant since Madison is a huge offensive liability whenever he's on the floor. Considering how rough Travis has been this year getting McClinton back could actually be an upgrade there.

Still no true 5. Still no elite players. NCAA bubble and followed by maybe a single NCAA tourney win before another rebuild seems like the ceiling at this point. All the more reason to ditch [Redacted] after this year and try to capitalize on what we've got.

Yeah, I should've mentioned Mitchell. He'll upgrade the point significantly and McClinton will give us an elite athlete on the wing. We should make the NCAAT next year no matter who's coaching.

And all of that has resulted in a team that has worse offensive efficiency numbers than Dino's last team.

I am going to withhold even giving as much credit as the OP until the end of the season. Bz's teams are traditionally horrendous in February and March. I am interested to see how we finish up.

And all of that has resulted in a team that has worse offensive efficiency numbers than Dino's last team.

A product of the talent disparity between those two teams which is an aspect of coaching.

The basketball program desperately needs the kind of boost that the Clawson hire is providing our football team.

Are we sure McClinton is still going to be an elite athlete when he comes back?

Last night getting out rebounded 55-35 was not on [Redacted] or anyone else on the coaching staff. Did the see those guys? They were bigger, stronger and more athletic than us. I watched numerous possessions that we battled harder for a rebound than we have all season but there is only so much you can do against a team like Syracuse.

Bz has a history, spanning multiple jobs, of getting woefully outrebounded. The stats were posted some time back, but his rebounding rankings were in the 200's at CU and I believe at AF. Still believe the players are the problem? What's the one constant across all that time?

Agree re: statements on improvements. If the statements don't have a reference point, i.e. improved from last year, improved relative to other teams, improved relative to previous WFU coaches, they mean absolutely zero. There is a certain natural level of improvement that occurs with maturing players, much greater improvement could have made with a different hire, and if you bring the baseline down in your first years, making improvements again means absolutely nothing.

I've been talking about how much better our half court offense is and of course getting flamed. Against a zone like they have you have to shot the ball - that's it.

rebounding is a disaster. McKie is not competing there. He simply is not. Devin blocks out and Tyler does as well although overmatched last night, but the three spot is killing us in there.

Buzz and the staff are developing players. I believe the guy can coach. But from day one it was evident that he is not capable of leading an ACC team to consistent success. He does not have the personality to recruit and promote. It is painful.

The bile spilled out toward him is over the top. It is unproductive. I believe that the players feel it especially McKie and Thomas. True supporters do not act the way many on this board have.

The best thing that could have happened with this situation is Clawsen. Grobe has been pissing me off the past three years even worse than Buzz. He sucked. punting on 4th down and three from the 38, shotgun runs in short yardage, gutless, and the energy level in recruiting is overwhelming. Fuck Grobe especially the way he got paid off then whined about Wake.

So now Wellman sees the impact of a positive attitude and aggressive promoter. I guarantee you season ticket sales for football will rebound dramatically.

Wellman can thank Buzz for "cleaning up the program" and Buzz will continue to be labeled a "turnaround artist" just like corporate America has. Bullshit yes but true.

Then we can bring in an aggressive coach that can recruit to the level we need. Big hire.

Who cares how we did it? There is no right way or wrong way, just a winning way or losing way. What good do schemes do us if we lose? I'll take free lancing and winning over sets and losing every day.

One reason we are "improved" is there are some really bad teams in the ACC this year. But decent teams make us look like what we are--mediocre. The Tennessee game. The Virginia game. Last night being out-rebounded 55-35. There is no reason to think we'll be appreciably better next year. He can't bring in the talent and he can't coach up what he does bring in. Compare Clawson's first two months to any of [Redacted]'s time here. Nuff said.
that's really bad to diss our players when you say that buzz cant recruit that reflects negatively on our current cast of players who are actually pretty good no crime to lose to uva and syr lighten up some

Back