• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Sheep Playoffs: Week 1, answers due Friday at 12

This is objectively not true, watch any season ever and the first 5-6 people out are pretty easy to peg. Be reasonably friendly and helpful and you will get an alliance off the rip which gets you close to the merge. Then it's being good enough in challenges and enough of not-an-asshole to go the rest of the way.

Much, much, much easier for that to happen than knowing enough to win Jeopardy.

I don't necessarily disagree. I watch Survivor and there are always a couple of people where you know they have no fucking chance. HOWEVER, the more recent seasons have seen some of those types of players make it a lot longer than you'd have expected (even though they had no real shot at winning).

I just meant that you start with 16 people and they are more or less evenly matched for a game that has had all kinds of winners over the years.

The Nomahas
freakadeac 366
HailToTheDeacons 331
Deacsfan27 249
Wakeforest22890 243 (Drop)

Total: 946

palma and the Darts
bernbp5 295
wakegrrl 286
shooshmoo 264
dartsndeacs DNP (Drop)

Total: 845

Survive and advance...
That was closer than I thought it would be. Good job, y'all.

All the Darts get a participation trophy.🏆

It's always funny to me when people give pos rep when Townie announces the winner. I've done it before, so I'm also guilty. But you all realize that rep goes to Townie and not the winner, right?
If anyone wants to pass on pos rep to cookout for winning, please leave it here and I'll let him know thanks

Here is your team scoring, with an updated bracket.

1700243719448.png

Deac6 and the Jerrys advance despite a no show from their captain. Eponymous put up a terrific fight, but just fell short of the big upset, Ambulance Chasers advance. Ph and the Brains sneak by with the lowest score of a higher seed. Gooner and co wallop the feckless windy crew who could only muster two participants this week. Ovis Ipsa sneak by Independent Sheeple in spite of cookout’s heroics. The Nomahas also narrowly avoid embarrassing upset. And the one upset of week one, Team Leftover Meatloaf knock out mako and crew in the first round.

Better luck next year to our eliminated teams. We’ll take off next week for thanksgiving, hope you can enjoy time with your friends and family. We’ll be back the week after for week 2 of the playoffs.

Back