• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Sheep Preseason Week 2: Answers due THURSDAY at 12

If thinking only in the context of a backyard bbq cookout, I can see how fruit could make its way into the discussion.

But even in that context it definitely shouldn’t be the #1 answer

Since my wife is currently wearing a souvenir T, I told her: a) that I play this, and b) about that question.

Her immediate reaction was shell and I told her that wasn’t an option and she went to T.

When I told her my answer and the reasoning behind it. Her choice for beach beverage was “rum punch … oh shit … that’s just because that’s what I like. That’s a terrible answer. It’s beer.”

Well yeah, I think that cut up fruit or a fruit salad as part of a cookout spread makes sense and is a frequent presence. But nobody is grabbing their protein of choice and then going straight over to the fruit, it is always at the end of the table, last item on the plate and only if there's room.
It's obviously not the best sheep answer, but it's 100% not an "I eat glue and don't know how to food" answer.

Again, I read it as something you take to a bbq (cook out), not something you get at a restaurant.

And I'll die on the hill that some people who are remotely healthy enjoy eating fruit as a side.
do you not live in NC, because thinking bbq == general purpose cookout down here is a sin

if my friend invites me to a bbq i'm assuming he's smoking up some pig and will be very dissapointed if I show up to hamburgers, hot dogs, and FRUIT

do you not live in NC, because thinking bbq == general purpose cookout down here is a sin

if my friend invites me to a bbq i'm assuming he's smoking up some pig and will be very dissapointed if I show up to hamburgers, hot dogs, and FRUIT
My whole life and longer than you. They've been interchangeable for a backyard get together.

BBQ can also mean something different.

What if we grated a watermelon and apples into a fruit slaw
TBH, it's why I said general fruit. You could do that. You could bring curried fruit. You could do like some friends did 2 weekends ago and bring cut tomatoes and mangoes.

Fruit.

Again, obviously not a good sheep answer.

When I think about the term BBQ, I think about the type of food (pulled pork mostly, but even brisket) way way before thinking of a backyard event of grilling out food.

My whole life and longer than you. They've been interchangeable for a backyard get together.

BBQ can also mean something different.
suuure, you must live in cary

yeah I get that bbq can mean different things, depending on the region of the country you are in and whether you like being wrong or not

but as we're posting on a college sports message board for a university located in the great state of NC, it only has one true meaning, and you'll never find fruit as a side option with it

suuure, you must live in cary

yeah I get that bbq can mean different things, depending on the region of the country you are in and whether you like being wrong or not

but as we're posting on a college sports message board for a university located in the great state of NC, it only has one true meaning, and you'll never find fruit as a side option with it
Born in Winston, grew up in Hickory and live in High Point.

Sorry.

And I'm pretty good at smoking food.

FOUND IT!!!

March 25, 2022:

Biff:
Lol, I fucked up girl name pretty bad.
I thought it said girl band name that starts with H and with with Hole because it seemed like the most obvious answer.
Anybody else put Hole?

8. A girl’s name that starts with “H”
Hannah - 25
Heather - 17
Harper - 3
Helen - 3
Hillary - 3
Hole - 1
Oh man, Hole also nearly ended my life

Back