• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Sherlock Holmes Mafia Game 2.0; When Good Ideas Go Wrong: The dv7 Mafia Story

smidge has no idea how to bus teammates. That was just horrible.

I love the image of Tim and I in the cockpit. We've taken off, holding steady at 40,000 feet. A little turbulence starts up and Tim gives me that sideways glance like something is up. JTP runs in screaming incoherently about we've just lost an engine and we're all going to die and pH is trying to fix the fully engulfed engine with a paper clip, a copy of Newsweek, and a giant rubber dick. Tim and I look out the window to assess, and smidge is standing on the wing, pulling back on a set of reigns tied to God knows what, buck naked, and laughing maniacly.

That was my team. That is what we had to work with. It was glorious.

Yes

smidge has no idea how to bus teammates. That was just horrible.

I was trying not t bus you, I just knew I would be busy and hoped if you got got that I could catch some separation. I almost won as mafia back in march by bussing Nonny and Blue.

I was trying not t bus you, I just knew I would be busy and hoped if you got got that I could catch some separation. I almost won as mafia back in march by bussing Nonny and Blue.

Sure. Doesn't hurt to lay down a vote but don't post something like "I'll bring this back up if ph is mafia."

I love the image of Tim and I in the cockpit. We've taken off, holding steady at 40,000 feet. A little turbulence starts up and Tim gives me that sideways glance like something is up. JTP runs in screaming incoherently about we've just lost an engine and we're all going to die and pH is trying to fix the fully engulfed engine with a paper clip, a copy of Newsweek, and a giant rubber dick. Tim and I look out the window to assess, and smidge is standing on the wing, pulling back on a set of reigns tied to God knows what, buck naked, and laughing maniacly.

That was my team. That is what we had to work with. It was glorious.

This is amazing

I'm someday going to think of a way to make The Departed work with moles on both sides.

The mole would need to be seriously watered down from the original version. I was mafia that game and we found the mole by like night 3 but the mole had basically outed 2 of the 3 mafia at that point.

That wasn't bussing either. That was you literally getting two of your teammates killed for no reason.

So I make two posts, both of them one word votes and mafia deems me worthy of the n1 hit. Not sure if I should feel honored that I got that treatment or feel bad that the mafia didn't even consider the recruitment possibility. If they recruit me and kill somebody else, might have been a different outcome.

Think I'm taking another break for awhile, get some work done - game might have moved too far. We have moved into the willful ignorance epoch of mafia and i get on my high horse too much.

Think I'm taking another break for awhile, get some work done - game might have moved too far. We have moved into the willful ignorance epoch of mafia and i get on my high horse too much.

Im gonna run an old school old timers game in a few weeks. Going on the recruiting trail now. Rest up for that one

Im gonna run an old school old timers game in a few weeks. Going on the recruiting trail now. Rest up for that one

It'll be sad not being allowed to play with y'all.

Probably fair to people not on my team though.

After no doofus talk for a bit, these two posts coming in at exact same time is interesting. Cue one making a joke to the other about something said in chatzy.

I am pretty much here as well

I'm sad I didn't get to kill anyone. Oh well. Thanks for the attempt anyway, DV7.

A word of advice to anyone planning on running a theme game in the future: Don't get so caught up in telling a story that the game suffers. Complicated systems may make sense and seem like a good idea, but ultimately the more powers and information in the game, the further away the game gets from just figuring out who is a good guy and who is a bad guy. Not saying that it can't be done well, but it is very difficult and the game aspects really need to be the #1 priority.

Back