• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Sherlock Holmes Mafia Game 2.0; When Good Ideas Go Wrong: The dv7 Mafia Story

ding ding ding

Our last three games have been jtp's shitshow, manning's ubershitshow, and whatever this game was. Somehow, the best of the three (or more accurately, the only game that was actually completed) was jtp's, and that still featured a bunch of players breaking the already relaxed rules.

Can someone run an abc? I am too busy this week to be confident enough in my ability to be around for night calls

Can someone run an abc? I am too busy this week to be confident enough in my ability to be around for night calls

Same here. The rest of the week is tough for me.

I'm honestly ticked off enough about how my game ended, that I'm not sure I want to play right now.

Same here. The rest of the week is tough for me.

I'm honestly ticked off enough about how my game ended, that I'm not sure I want to play right now.

If it's any consolation, I had civ cleared you because I saw you and jtp visit rommy N1, and jtp flipped maf.

Such as?

I kinda feel like people are a little down after some modding missteps and poor player behavior lately.

Mods are fine, games fuck up, it happens. It's the players that just don't care - constant mod talk, night posts - and I'm happy dv7 did what he did, the game has strayed so far from what it is because people push every envelope. Again, high horse - but jhawk making late posts on purpose should have immediately aa'd someone else on his team. Everyone wants to play, I get that, but stop being a bunch of whiners and play the game.

ding ding ding

Our last three games have been jtp's shitshow, manning's ubershitshow, and whatever this game was. Somehow, the best of the three (or more accurately, the only game that was actually completed) was jtp's, and that still featured a bunch of players breaking the already relaxed rules.

One round devolved into a shit show because I got pulled away by something actually important and wasn't around to process night.

The forced mafia night call I was in a damn dance recital for my daughter, blame gouda.

but ya, people over stepped big time in a lax rule set, like. way overstepped ahaha

it was funny. kinda.

One round devolved into a shit show because I got pulled away by something actually important and wasn't around to process night.

The forced mafia night call I was in a damn dance recital for my daughter, blame gouda.

but ya, people over stepped big time in a lax rule set, like. way overstepped ahaha

it was funny. kinda.

The RW cheating was kinda funny, nonny calling rw out for it and then doing it himself was a bitch move. But it was a bitch game so whatev.

Also need a toogs ruling

Is discussing a players last viewing of the thread angle shooting? I remember it being against the spirit of the game.

Shocker sd3 used it to ensure a smidge lynch

how do you see this? Everyone who plays mafia is supposed to be in invisible mode.

Mods are fine, games fuck up, it happens. It's the players that just don't care - constant mod talk, night posts - and I'm happy dv7 did what he did, the game has strayed so far from what it is because people push every envelope. Again, high horse - but jhawk making late posts on purpose should have immediately aa'd someone else on his team. Everyone wants to play, I get that, but stop being a bunch of whiners and play the game.

penalizing the civs for jhawk was stupid. jhawk hated the civs that lynched him and revealed no game-altering information. If you want to talk about "should jhawk the fucking crybaby be allowed to play" I will allow it but that AA was lame.

I'm sad I didn't get to kill anyone. Oh well. Thanks for the attempt anyway, DV7.

A word of advice to anyone planning on running a theme game in the future: Don't get so caught up in telling a story that the game suffers. Complicated systems may make sense and seem like a good idea, but ultimately the more powers and information in the game, the further away the game gets from just figuring out who is a good guy and who is a bad guy. Not saying that it can't be done well, but it is very difficult and the game aspects really need to be the #1 priority.

I dunno man sometimes it seems the babydeacs love to be told a story and don't care if the game has any logic.

I dunno man sometimes it seems the babydeacs love to be told a story and don't care if the game has any logic.

I want both! What's the point of a theme if it's ignored?

you have been a terrible gamewrecking player when you bother to show. You "agreeing" with Da is laughable.

I'd ask you to back that up with evidence, but I know that 1) you won't, 2) you can't, 3) you don't care about #1 or #2, and 4) you're the second biggest hypocrite that plays mafia behind manning who won't quit no matter how many times he threatens to

penalizing the civs for jhawk was stupid. jhawk hated the civs that lynched him and revealed no game-altering information. If you want to talk about "should jhawk the fucking crybaby be allowed to play" I will allow it but that AA was lame.

I don't disagree with anything you said here except that he should have been AA'd - its in the rules. The more people night post, dead talk, it becomes pervasive. Its funny every once in awhile, but it is becoming the norm and ruining the game.

I'd ask you to back that up with evidence, but I know that 1) you won't, 2) you can't, 3) you don't care about #1 or #2, and 4) you're the second biggest hypocrite that plays mafia behind manning who won't quit no matter how many times he threatens to

he's not a hypocrite, he's just a crybaby.

I dont remember which game you deliberately fucked it at the end, and have a history of such nonsense. I have no desire to go looking for exact evidence; everyone knows. You don't get to put yourself on the same plane as high-character players.

Back