• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Sherlock Holmes Murder Myster Game - Case 2 - THE GAME'S AFOOT!

Lambeth Police Station was the closest police station to the Ground St Warehouse, so I looked at the police locations in the directory and went there

Thames Steamboat -- Lavoisier took at ship from Le Harve. I looked up steamship companies based on locations on the map to where the action was taking place. 2 had no results in the clue book. the 3rd did. This is why I suggest asking to resource the directory whenever you can -- I'm happy to provide any information and it is MUCH easier than typing out a full clue point

St. Barts -- so many clues about "be careful" "these are bad men" and the like (Raven and Rat, Parsons, Ellis at the Times). figured that at worst it was a nothing burger, but maybe a dead body popped up since so many bad people are around this case.

Ah, this confirms my suspicion that geographical specificity and consulting the directory are actually fundamentally important game mechanics. Definitely hard to reproduce online.

Like with my question to you early in the game about the docks, I'm using my own knowledge of London (Victorian and modern) to make those guesses. It would be really helpful to flip through the directory.

Ah, this confirms my suspicion that geographical specificity and consulting the directory are actually fundamentally important game mechanics. Definitely hard to reproduce online.

Like with my question to you early in the game about the docks, I'm using my own knowledge of London (Victorian and modern) to make those guesses. It would be really helpful to flip through the directory.

Oh, completely agree that it is easier to do in person than online. On a whim I've looked up a location in the directory before and it turned out to be a possible location, which I jotted down and visited later.

Usually I investigate these in a very linear line, though, unless it smells like its just a wild goose chase (newer game SO MUCH smarter about including those.)

Usually I investigate these in a very linear line, though, unless it smells like its just a wild goose chase (newer game SO MUCH smarter about including those.)

Yes, with the first case we did there were several very specific trajectories you were encouraged to investigate -- e.g. crime scene (study) > office > children's room -- which are chronologically, geographically, and logically connected. As a player, you gain ground on Holmes when you can jump this route and skip steps by making clever reads (the game also does a good job of preventing you from guessing or from making wild logical leaps). For example, we saved a step in the first case by deliberately skipping the crime scene and heading straight to the office.

lol

to be fair, a lot of the times in Holmes' stories the most obvious reason for a crime is the correct one

Robert E Lee from Georgia? WTF
Then her having different names at the hotel. The letters confirmed that they were lovers and since Fahmi was dead.... Q1 and Q2 were obvious to me once I saw them.

Right

no response to the thoughts I took way too long typing up?

Yeah the docks was the one place I wanted to search around but didn’t know where to start

Back