• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Sherlock Holmes Murder Myster Game - Case 2 - THE GAME'S AFOOT!

I'm pretty booked up until late afternoon/early evening with work, but I'm still here! I will try to keep dropping in and submitting investigations.

ESSENTIAL QUESTIONS

1) Who killed Abdullah Al-Saud?

2) Why was he killed?

3) Who now has the Black Bird?

ALL BONUS QUESTIONS DO DIRECTLY RELATE TO THIS CASE

Neglected to mention

Q1 is worth 50 points
Q2 is worth 25 points
Q3 is worth 25 points

The 3 bonus questions will equal 50 (2x20 + 1x10)

Our first Baker Street Irregular has come in with his solution to the essential questions after 12 moves.

phan - send them in when you're ready tonight

nonny may or may not be able to rejoin for this case as he is traveling currently.

phan - send them in when you're ready tonight

nonny may or may not be able to rejoin for this case as he is traveling currently.

thanks for your patience. we're sending them as often as possible.

Hi! Haven't heard back about my Friday night investigation -- are we still finishing this thing off?

Thanks!

I suck. I don't even remember seeing that I opened that PM, but apparently I did and just forgot about it. Sending now.

Moves through 9 turns. (nonny has dropped out due to RL stuff popping up)

wakephannonnytejasdv7
Move 1The Raven and Rat (52 EC)The Old Bailey (36 EC)The Old Bailey (36 EC)The Old Bailey (36 EC)
Move 2Mid-East Trading Company (67 EC)Fribourg and Treyer Tobacconist (88 SW)Fribourg and Treyer Tobacconist (88 SW)Fribourg and Treyer Tobacconist (88 SW)
Move 3Cunard Line Offices (83 EC)Mid-East Trading Company (67 EC)Mid-East Trading Company (67 EC)Mid-East Trading Company (67 EC)
Move 4The Metropole Hotel (27 WC)Cunard Line Offices (83 EC)Parsons and Sons Toy Shoppe - Fred Parsons (18 NW)Abdullah Al-Saud's residence (19 SE)
Move 5Cummins & Goins (6 SE)The Metropole Hotel (27 WC)Abdullah Al-Saud's residence (19 SE)The Raven and Rat (52 EC)
Move 6Abdullah Al-Saud's residence (19 SE)Parsons and Sons Toy Shoppe - Fred Parsons (18 NW)Central Carriage Stables (5 WC)Parsons and Sons Toy Shoppe - Fred Parsons (18 NW)
Move 7Central Carriage Stables (5 WC)Central Carriage Stables (5 WC)The Metropole Hotel (27 WC)The Times - Henry Ellis (30 EC)
Move 8Borough Boarding House (86 SE)Cummins & Goins (6 SE)St. Bart's (38 EC)
Move 9Bridge House Hotel (3 SE)Borough Boarding House (86 SE)Reformed Funerals Company (50 NW)

Moves through 12 turns:

The Raven and Rat (52 EC)The Old Bailey (36 EC)The Old Bailey (36 EC)The Old Bailey (36 EC)
Mid-East Trading Company (67 EC)Fribourg and Treyer Tobacconist (88 SW)Fribourg and Treyer Tobacconist (88 SW)Fribourg and Treyer Tobacconist (88 SW)
Cunard Line Offices (83 EC)Mid-East Trading Company (67 EC)Mid-East Trading Company (67 EC)Mid-East Trading Company (67 EC)
The Metropole Hotel (27 WC)Cunard Line Offices (83 EC)Parsons and Sons Toy Shoppe - Fred Parsons (18 NW)Abdullah Al-Saud's residence (19 SE)
Cummins & Goins (6 SE)The Metropole Hotel (27 WC)Abdullah Al-Saud's residence (19 SE)The Raven and Rat (52 EC)
Abdullah Al-Saud's residence (19 SE)Parsons and Sons Toy Shoppe - Fred Parsons (18 NW)Central Carriage Stables (5 WC)Parsons and Sons Toy Shoppe - Fred Parsons (18 NW)
Central Carriage Stables (5 WC)Central Carriage Stables (5 WC)The Metropole Hotel (27 WC)The Times - Henry Ellis (30 EC)
Borough Boarding House (86 SE)Cummins & Goins (6 SE)St. Bart's (38 EC)
Bridge House Hotel (3 SE)Borough Boarding House (86 SE)Reformed Funerals Company (50 NW)
Bow Street Police Station (70 WC)Bridge House Hotel (3 SE)The Metropole Hotel (27 WC)
Ground Street Warehouse (39 SE)Ground Street Warehouse (39 SE)Central Carriage Stables (5 WC)
Parsons and Sons Toy Shoppe - Fred Parsons (18 NW)The Raven and Rat (52 EC)Bridge House Hotel (3 SE)

bonus questions submitted.

We have...some questions.

Final moves and scores (as well as the contemporaneous notes I took when solving the case just ahead of everyone else) to come in the next post.

----

Also, this case kind of SUCKED since it relied on previous knowledge, which I didn't realize before A) starting it myself or B) throwing it out there last week. I wish I would have finished it before throwing it to y'all, but I didn't so we were all in that one together. Wife wants to play a case with me again, so I'll make sure to go through it fully to make sure it's solid before putting another one on here. So I do apologize for that.

---

And in future cases I won't be providing Essential Questions or telling anyone where others have moved. I did that to try to speed it along, but I think that takes a lot of the fun out of it. As you play in person you have no idea what the questions are until you decide you are ready to solve the case and answer any and all questions. And showing others' moves might unfairly influence where people go -- either positively or negatively.
Each move should be a decision based on what they've discovered, not seeing what somebody else decided to do.

Results:

wakephantejas dv7NOTES
Move 1The Raven and Rat (52 EC)The Old Bailey (36 EC) The Old Bailey (36 EC)given tobacco shop and Ellis as leads
Move 2Mid-East Trading Company (67 EC)Fribourg and Treyer Tobacconist (88 SW) Fribourg and Treyer Tobacconist (88 SW)Swellverly's tale confirmed BS; Treyer has ties to ME; Treyer's HQ 67 EC
Move 3Cunard Line Offices (83 EC)Mid-East Trading Company (67 EC) Mid-East Trading Company (67 EC)Treyer is big dude, worried about Al-Saud's tricks, wants Lavoisier unharmed
Move 4The Metropole Hotel (27 WC)Parsons and Sons Toy Shoppe - Fred Parsons (18 NW) Abdullah Al-Saud's residence (19 SE)dead end. AAS out and servant unknowing/unhelpful
Move 5Cummins & Goins (6 SE)Abdullah Al-Saud's residence (19 SE) The Raven and Rat (52 EC)Treyer in with crime; Porky knows name. gives 67EC. Mentions big irish guy looking for Frenchman (Lavoisier?)
Move 6Abdullah Al-Saud's residence (19 SE)Central Carriage Stables (5 WC) Parsons and Sons Toy Shoppe - Fred Parsons (18 NW)Black bird? Moriarty seems involved in case somehow. Lavoisier and Treyer really brothers? Acting? Don't cross Moriarty and Giraud (whos that?)
Move 7Central Carriage Stables (5 WC)The Metropole Hotel (27 WC) The Times - Henry Ellis (30 EC)Giraud French Underworld boss. Lavoisier works for him - so Lavoisier French?
Move 8Borough Boarding House (86 SE)Cummins & Goins (6 SE) St. Bart's (38 EC)Miss Engels signed for an Arab Body. Sent to Reformed Funerals (50 NW)
Move 9Bridge House Hotel (3 SE)Borough Boarding House (86 SE) Reformed Funerals Company (50 NW)Akram Fahmi? <-- the dead arab. Engels and Anthony Uruburu attended service. Noone else.
Move 10Bow Street Police Station (70 WC)Bridge House Hotel (3 SE) The Metropole Hotel (27 WC)Swellveryly = Engels. Lying bitch. She's suspect now. Leads: Cunard Shipping and Cummins and Goins messanger service.
Move 11Ground Street Warehouse (39 SE)Ground Street Warehouse (39 SE) Central Carriage Stables (5 WC)Leads: Metropole Hotel, 37 Bloomsbury Way (37 WC), Bow St PS (70 WC), Bridge House Hotel, 6 Union St (6 SE), 86 Southwark St (86 SE)
Move 12Parsons and Sons Toy Shoppe - Fred Parsons (18 NW)The Raven and Rat (52 EC) Bridge House Hotel (3 SE)MURDER! Big Turk dude dead, Al-Saud…not Turkish name tho? Weird. Swellveryly pretended to be Treyer? (small hands). Who tf is Sam Hawk? Holmes? Lead:Ground House Warehouse. Frog = Frenchman?
NEWSPAPER callback. A.A (Abdullah Al-Saud?) FROG for BIRD.
Move 13The Times - Henry Ellis (30 EC) Akram Fahmi's residence (37 WC)Engels came to Fahmi's house a previous day. Asked about a missing package. None found. Package prob the valuable bird from letters.
Move 14Reformed Funerals Company (50 NW) Ground Street Warehouse (39 SE)MORE MURDERS! Pouch thrown at victims from perpetrators that escaped in EC ("across Blackfriars"). Police have pouch.
Move 15Anthony Uruburu's residence (33 NW) Lambeth Police Station (53 SE)ROMAN COINS -- MORIARTY CONFIRMED!!!!
Move 16Scotland Yard (13 SW) Anthony Uruburu's residence (33 NW)Confirms knew Fahmi. Al-Saud followed Fahmi from Egypt to London. Went to Princess Louise - talked to Treyer! Knows of Engels. Gave Metropole as her location.
Move 17 Borough Boarding House (86 SE)Engels also got a room here. Letters from Fahmi to her -- corroborate A Uru's story. Bird again - clearly valuable. Mummy murder from paper was on ship. Treyer knows in town.
Move 18 Thames Steamboat Company (40 SE)Lavoisier tracked from Le Harve to here. Went to Piccadilly Hotel.
Move 19 Piccadilly Hotel (26 NW)Lavoisier had room here - Al-Saud came to talk to him. French. Not American. Letter of a meeting w someone else. Charles St? Luggage untouched in room. Lav&AA argued in French. Maltese Falcon - VALUABLE bird statue- noted in a book by Gen Armstead. Note from GIRAUD in book! Mac Treyer came to hotel looking for Lav left card to come to his office.
Move 20 Charles St (64 NW)Lavoisier looking for Berkeley Square. Forced into car by drivery and large man. Dead end?
50 (1/3) + 50 (3/3) = 100100 (3/3) + 40 (2/3) = 14075 (2/3) + 50 (3/3) = 125
Missed why Al-Saud killed and Who has Black BirdMissed that Girarud was boss of Paris underworldMissed who has the black bird - thought Treyer took it from Lavoisier

I saw looking for somewhere to go a la steamboats. I asked the wrong questions

Some big holes here. And the previous story connection threw us off like crazy.

Back