• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Sherlock Holmes Murder Myster Game - Case 2 - THE GAME'S AFOOT!

Please let me know if you'd like a clearer picture of any of the newspaper sections.

Sorry, folks. Morning got a little busy with work and real life.

Fires nearly extinguished and can start sending out clue points soon.

CRAP!

Guys, I just realized that I did the Newspaper for the next case and accidentally skipped this one from April 15, 1889.

I'll get those in now. I will STRONGLY recommend that you read this for clues before submitting your next turn.

My bad.

Correct newspaper.

Apologies again.
1b1e43dfcc2a5ad6e0ec457ead769a16.jpg
27aeb96c1c9376b29fef647ec24eb265.jpg
c13e96228d078c283e7c3808598608cc.jpg
38e79d4c717fd1990cabe64f354c387a.jpg

CRAP!

Guys, I just realized that I did the Newspaper for the next case and accidentally skipped this one from April 15, 1889.

I'll get those in now. I will STRONGLY recommend that you read this for clues before submitting your next turn.

My bad.

LOL

Can I get retroactive moves back?

I'm through 3 moves. Assuming I should now wait until you post everyone's first three moves and the three questions we'll have to answer.

hahah, my sister and I were laughing so hard at the announcement of the Donald Stillwater - Cecilia Sipton marriage and that she was now in control of the company

Sorry guys, we're behind. Just finished my last meeting so should catch up soon.

I'm through 3 moves. Assuming I should now wait until you post everyone's first three moves and the three questions we'll have to answer.

Fine if you want to wait. Tejas is a bit ahead of you and phan is a bit behind you.

Tejas, I'm going to take off that one clue that you went to that was probably misled by something in the wrong paper. So you'll get one turn back. I'll PM you details if you aren't following along which one I'm talking about, but it was a useless location to visit and said as such, so I'm sure you know.

hahah, my sister and I were laughing so hard at the announcement of the Donald Stillwater - Cecilia Sipton marriage and that she was now in control of the company

haha, yep, it was a nice Easter egg the game designers put into the next case's paper.

Fine if you want to wait. Tejas is a bit ahead of you and phan is a bit behind you.

Tejas, I'm going to take off that one clue that you went to that was probably misled by something in the wrong paper. So you'll get one turn back. I'll PM you details if you aren't following along which one I'm talking about, but it was a useless location to visit and said as such, so I'm sure you know.

Gracias

I've decided to wait until everybody has gone to 6 clue points until I present the Essential Questions. You'll understand my reasoning once they are given.

First 3 moves for everyone:

wakephannonnytejasdv7
Move 1The Raven and Rat (52 EC)The Old Bailey (36 EC)The Old Bailey (36 EC)The Old Bailey (36 EC)
Move 2Mid-East Trading Company (67 EC)Fribourg and Treyer Tobacconist (88 SW)Fribourg and Treyer Tobacconist (88 SW)Fribourg and Treyer Tobacconist (88 SW)
Move 3Cunard Line Offices (83 EC)Mid-East Trading Company (67 EC)Mid-East Trading Company (67 EC)Mid-East Trading Company (67 EC)

ALSO OF NOTE... there is a character you may run across in this case named Akram Fahti -- he was murdered in a previous case in another of these Holmes' games (case #5) you come to learn when you read the solution. That's just to not have you going crazy reading the newspaper looking for his death write-up like I did once I came across his name a couple times.

No rush, obviously, but there's one of ours still waiting in your mailbox, DV7. just didn't want it to get lost and you feel like you're waiting on us.

Everyone should have PMs with their next clue points now. I'll be around tonight as well if you want to submit any others.

should we aim to finish tonight, or expect to go on tomorrow?

also, is everybody at #6 now for the essential questions? I know we were behind for a while.

also, is everybody at #6 now for the essential questions? I know we were behind for a while.

everyone there now

Move 1
The Raven and Rat (52 EC)
The Old Bailey (36 EC)The Old Bailey (36 EC)The Old Bailey (36 EC)
Move 2Mid-East Trading Company (67 EC)Fribourg and Treyer Tobacconist (88 SW)Fribourg and Treyer Tobacconist (88 SW)Fribourg and Treyer Tobacconist (88 SW)
Move 3Cunard Line Offices (83 EC)Mid-East Trading Company (67 EC)Mid-East Trading Company (67 EC)Mid-East Trading Company (67 EC)
Move 4The Metropole Hotel (27 WC)Cunard Line Offices (83 EC)Parsons and Sons Toy Shoppe - Fred Parsons (18 NW)Abdullah Al-Saud's residence (19 SE)
Move 5Cummins & Goins (6 SE)The Metropole Hotel (27 WC)Abdullah Al-Saud's residence (19 SE)The Raven and Rat (52 EC)
Move 6Abdullah Al-Saud's residence (19 SE)Parsons and Sons Toy Shoppe - Fred Parsons (18 NW)Central Carriage Stables (5 WC)Parsons and Sons Toy Shoppe - Fred Parsons (18 NW)

Read nothing into the color coding -- this is from a googlesheet instead of an excel and it did that automatically for some reason.

ESSENTIAL QUESTIONS

1) Who killed Abdullah Al-Saud?

2) Why was he killed?

3) Who now has the Black Bird?

ALL BONUS QUESTIONS DO DIRECTLY RELATE TO THIS CASE

Also, GENERAL HINT...

If you ever feel like you are on a wild goose chase and/or not sure where to go next, I strongly suggest reading the case intro again now that you have more knowledge about the characters and a general understanding of the events. That could send you to a clue point you had not thought about before. At least it did for me on my turn 8.

I'm exhausted so heading to bed
I'll get to PMs in the morning if you want to send your next location

I know tomorrow will be slow but just send as you can

Back