• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

#SheWomanManHatersClub

AWAR, that cake looks delicious. And I have found a new love, OPI's Shatter nail polish. Went to ULTA today to use a gift card and they were having a special on OPI. Anyone else tried it? i have a turquoise base coat with a top coat of the black shatter.

I really want to try that but definitely would want to get a better brand. What was the special? Have you put it on yet?

I think I'm going to make this cake for my SILs shower, on top of a layer of this cake.

Any advice on a) cakeball making and b) a good buttercream recipe to make the foundation of the top cake?

Also, I realize that using a cake pop maker like below makes them kind of different (it's literally just balls of cake rather than balls of cake mixed with icing) but do you think they'd still be as good?

cakepop_open.jpg

Have you visited Bakerella's site yet? She invented the cake pop I believe:
http://www.bakerella.com/

I've had them both ways and I prefer icing mixed in with cake as the base.

Have you visited Bakerella's site yet? She invented the cake pop I believe:
http://www.bakerella.com/

I've had them both ways and I prefer icing mixed in with cake as the base.

I assumed that would probably be the more yummy way. I was originally going to do an all cakepop cake and was thinking that the maker would help with the quantity but if I do the flower cake and then just a small base of cakepops then I should be fine and I can use the more yummy ones :)

I really want to try that but definitely would want to get a better brand. What was the special? Have you put it on yet?

I'm not sure if anyone but OPI makes the Shatter nail polish. But I used it last night and it definitely works the way it says it will. I love it! It's all about the amount of the top coat of Shatter you put on and how much "shatter" you actually get. I put it on too thick to begin with but got better with practice. I had a coupon for ULTA and the OPI nail polish was buy 2, get 1 free.

AWAR, that cake looks delicious. And I have found a new love, OPI's Shatter nail polish. Went to ULTA today to use a gift card and they were having a special on OPI. Anyone else tried it? i have a turquoise base coat with a top coat of the black shatter.

I LOVE shatter nail polish (but since I'm cheap when it comes to buying my nail polish I have the Sally Hansen version). And I do the turquoise base coat with it all the time (probably one of my favorite combinations). Now I can't wait for my last final to be over so I have time to do my nails.

being ill has given me the excuse to sit on my ass and watch the say yes to the dress marathon that's on. flipping between that and harry potter. lovin' it.

beverly hills brides is the worst.

My buddy's fiancee got her wedding dress at Kleinfeld's. She wasn't on the show though.

Anyone tried the cake pops at Starbucks? The peppermint brownie one is really good (seasonal for Christmas). I've only tried a couple of their little mini desserts, but I love the concept of just a small couple bites of sweet for under 200 calories.

one of my friends (an '09 wake grad actually) was filmed for the show and bought her dress at Kleinfeld's but they have yet to air her footage-- she had some really interesting details about being shot for the show. like she was only allowed to try to on three dresses initially, and the producers told her to do and say certain things about each dress. and each dress she tried on took like an hour so that's why they're always running out of time in their appointments on the show even though they only show them trying on like 4 dresses.

Anyone tried the cake pops at Starbucks? The peppermint brownie one is really good (seasonal for Christmas). I've only tried a couple of their little mini desserts, but I love the concept of just a small couple bites of sweet for under 200 calories.

Rocky Road Cakepop at Starbucks is good too.

I LOVE shatter nail polish (but since I'm cheap when it comes to buying my nail polish I have the Sally Hansen version). And I do the turquoise base coat with it all the time (probably one of my favorite combinations). Now I can't wait for my last final to be over so I have time to do my nails.

Oh good to know there's another brand of it! I had only heard of it in OPI. I will have to check that out!

I really love little bite sized desserts! Mainly so I can try one of each but in THEORY you could only take one or two and still get some dessert but not a ton of calories

Booo! Ran out of time this weekend, was supposed to make a new outfit to wear in my work talent show on Wednesday. Boo!

One of my close friends got her dress at Kleinfelds. That place is like an underground maze. I went for one of her fittings and thought I'd never find my own way out.

Back