• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

#SheWomanManHatersClub

I don't think they make any mention of garlic.

They do technically go out in daylight but only when it's overcast/not direct sunlight. That's why it's set in Washington or Oregon or whatever.

"Guys, I've got this great idea for a book. It's about this undead guy who sleeps in a coffin, can turn into a bat, and needs to feed on human blood in order to survive. Obviously he is weak to holy water, crucifixes, and sunlight."

"Honestly Bob, I liked last week's idea about the guy who is weak to garlic and can't see himself in the mirror better."

Last edited:
they aren't weak to garlic or crucifixes that is mentioned but do have to be invited in if I remember right

They freaking glitter. It's so stupid. Let's just undo centuries of lore about vampires.

OK Ladies,

I'm in the market for some just-below-the-knee black boots. Seeing as I'm the last girl alive that doesn't have any, I'm open to suggestions. If you have some you just love (comfort being KEY as I walk a lot) I'd love to hear about them :)

OK Ladies,

I'm in the market for some just-below-the-knee black boots. Seeing as I'm the last girl alive that doesn't have any, I'm open to suggestions. If you have some you just love (comfort being KEY as I walk a lot) I'd love to hear about them :)

I'm bootless too, lbE. I've never found any that were comfortable.

OK Ladies,

what kind/how formal? i have suede ones that i LOOOOOOOOVE, but i'm still in the market for a good pair of leather ones that i can wear to work during the winter.

Leather, preferably, as they have to be my 'dressy' winter shoes. I'm just really not a fan of the flats + socks look (rockin' it today, though...awesome...). I'll wear them both under my pants and also over tights w/ dresses/skirts.

Leather, preferably, as they have to be my 'dressy' winter shoes. I'm just really not a fan of the flats + socks look (rockin' it today, though...awesome...). I'll wear them both under my pants and also over tights w/ dresses/skirts.

make it work! #timgunndeacbatsignal

I have a pair from JCP that I've had for a few years and love. The brand is East 5th and they look kind of like this
__KGrHqN__g0E1fwR_7ZrBNbGRBrciQ__0_1.JPG

but without the stitching design. More plain, I suppose.

Tahari makes great shoes and clothes.

The Nickles brand is great. They are made for comfort yet very cute. They carry them at Steinmarts.

WRT twilight: they don't have to be invited in (but in true blood they do!), they don't eat so garlic doesn't affect them, crucifixes do no harm and yes, they glitter in direct sunlight.

WRT boots: get yourself to a tjmaxx/marshall's equivalent asap. they have soooo many boots in some great name brands. My dressy knee-high black leather boots are by Jessica Simpson and are uber comfy (they have a thick, chunky heel and the leather is infused with a bit of cashmere so they're soft) and don't stick to my calves which was my number 1 requirement (i like to be able to stuff in jeans without making it look like my legs are stuffed sausages). To wear with pants, I have some black leather ankle boots/shooties that are by Nine West and I got them at Ross for $23. so cheap and I wear them all the time.

Just saw that Michelle Duggar had a miscarriage.

This is Michelle's second miscarriage. She previously lost a baby during her second pregnancy, when she was reportedly taking oral birth control. According to the mag, this incident caused the couple to let the number of children they have be "up to God."

Maybe this time it is a sign to do the opposite.

Maybe she will decide this is a sign from God to stop, like the first miscarriage was a sign to stop taking birth control.

Back