• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

#SheWomanManHatersClub

yeah I tried that top on the other day and was like...I'm going to wait a week and if I still have to have it...I'll order it then. But it only lasted 2 days before I had to order it. AND NOW IT'S SNOWING. ugh.

the dress is perfect because it's 3/4 sleeves, boat neck, and just above the knee. could easily transition from winter to spring and into fall again... it's navy w/ gold-ish brown stripes.

i think i'm going to get just one next time i'm down there as my own fancy wine glass. i just love how delicate the stems are and how bulbous the glasses are. it's like the perfect balance of an item.

aaahhhhh i wish i could have more things from there.

i said the same thing today! i wish they had a registry. i guess you could just tell someone you want something? but thats silly.

24157042_041_b

Totally random- but I just remembered that around Xmas, a few people here were talking about the FitBit. I got one for Xmas and started using it lately. I actually really like it, and I definitely thought I would hate it. In case anyone was considering it, I would say it's completely worth the price.

Also.... #1000!!!

Last edited:
ladydeac, when you made the no knead dutch oven bread, did your bread stick to your wax paper? i tried it this weekend, and in every way it turned out really, really well. it LOOKED fantastic, and tasted just as good. but we ended up having to just cut off a layer from the bottom because the bread stuck to it. did you take it off of the wax paper as soon as it came out of the oven? or did you spray it with something/coat it with flour beforehand?

we left it in the pan for the hour that the instructions said to cool it before cutting. and by the time we actually pulled it out, it was stuck enough that it would have easily taken at least 30 minutes to peel the wax paper off in itty bitty strips. so we just cut it off instead.

I am not at all familiar with making bread or this no-knead recipe, but I have been faced with the horrors of baking on wax paper... basically, you probably shouldn't do that. It definitely doesn't substitute for (the magical roll of) parchment paper.

Your recipe called for putting wax paper in the oven?

I got to start my day watching Ryan Gosling in "Fracture" in class. :drool: Hopefully that's a sign the rest of the week will go well.

I am not at all familiar with making bread or this no-knead recipe, but I have been faced with the horrors of baking on wax paper... basically, you probably shouldn't do that. It definitely doesn't substitute for (the magical roll of) parchment paper.

Your recipe called for putting wax paper in the oven?

sorry, parchment paper. that's what i meant. :)

though i will say that i have previously used wax paper in the oven and not had any problems. i've read all over the place that it'll smoke, but i've lined my baking sheets with it for making granola before without issues. this time, however, i used parchment paper. still had sticking problems.

sorry, parchment paper. that's what i meant. :)

though i will say that i have previously used wax paper in the oven and not had any problems. i've read all over the place that it'll smoke, but i've lined my baking sheets with it for making granola before without issues. this time, however, i used parchment paper. still had sticking problems.

the one and only time I baked with wax paper, the recipe called for parchment but we thought wax was an okay substitute. a friend and I spent hours making these precious little strawberry hand pies and all of them stuck to the wax. awful. oh we still peeled off the paper (and ate some of the paper) but it was frustrating.

Sorry the parchment paper didn't work in your recipe. Hate when things don't turn out right - but glad it was salvageable.

The wife has been picking up stuff at Boden. She says it's economical. Definitely looks good on her.

http://www.bodenusa.com/en-US/Womens-Clothing.html#nav

BTW, I've tried to shop for her at Anthropologie and have never been able to find anything. I just go to Nordstrom and tell them what I want and they find it.

I :heart: Boden. I have to stop myself from looking through their catalogs too much because they arrive like weekly and I wouldn't describe most of it as economical.

they were so good. we left out the rhubarb and just did double berries because we had oodles of strawberries fresh picked that day.

Hi ladies! Hope all is well. Any thoughts on documented all wedding info on a personal wedding website? If so any recommendations on where?

this is the first i've ever heard of boden.

...thanks.

Back