• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Shirts burned

Grobe addressed that a bit earlier this week when noting some of our freshmen linebackers, but said it was more a function of who is in front of them, iirc.

He's being a little more free with the rule he's used all along: Need.

The redshirting program takes very savvy recruiting and great player development over a career. Grobe is slow to change and it took a while but he finally decided that it wasn't giving the results we need. I would have liked to see this "win now" intensity a while back but I'll take it. Unfortunately, for this to work we have to recruit better players, which we are not doing. So I'm afraid this is alot of talk that probably won't amount to more wins.

The red shirting policy was also used against us frequently by our competition during recruiting, which i think is one reason we did not see a major uptick in recruiting after the ACC championship. Quinshad Davis is a great example from last year, and I think this is one of the reasons grobe decided to try a change in his approach.

Quinshad probably would have played. If Grobe and his staff couldn't get the message across that players can play if they'll contribute, it's on them.

Quinshad probably would have played. If Grobe and his staff couldn't get the message across that players can play if they'll contribute, it's on them.

Ok, then playing true freshmen helps get that message across, no?

Ha. Grobe and staff have told every single recruiting target that they would play if they could contribute, which was the truth. However, it was also true that only 1-2 freshman played at Wake each year. Fedora told Quinshad that if he went to Wake he would be red shirted, because Wake red shirted great talents like Chris Givens, Mike Campanaro, etc. Even more so than just 10 years ago, kids want to play immediately, which is one of the major factors that lead to Grobe's sea change this year.

Ha. Grobe and staff have told every single recruiting target that they would play if they could contribute, which was the truth. However, it was also true that only 1-2 freshman played at Wake each year. Fedora told Quinshad that if he went to Wake he would be red shirted, because Wake red shirted great talents like Chris Givens, Mike Campanaro, etc. Even more so than just 10 years ago, kids want to play immediately, which is one of the major factors that lead to Grobe's sea change this year.

Very true. Good point about Camp and Givens and WR in general. I think Jordan Williams and Chris Davis are the only WR not to redshirt under Grobe.

The redshirting program takes very savvy recruiting and great player development over a career. Grobe is slow to change and it took a while but he finally decided that it wasn't giving the results we need. I would have liked to see this "win now" intensity a while back but I'll take it. Unfortunately, for this to work we have to recruit better players, which we are not doing. So I'm afraid this is alot of talk that probably won't amount to more wins.

I think he recruited some pretty good talent. I mean we are never going to recruit on a par with anyone but this group of leftovers looks like they can develop into something, as Grobe says, "special."

Seems like we could have turned around and said "and look how well it worked out for both of them."

Who's bitching about it?

The closest thing to bitching is a few people who just want to make sure these kids are going to continue to be used this year so they don't waste a year of eligibility.

Reading comprehension speaks to IQ as well...

No Asshole, he had it right...the general tone is that of a fuckin' Bitch.

Like that midget douche-hump Mocksville Deac on the Scout board.

Way to jump into a thread way too late, asshole.

You're seeing the tone you want to see old man. Then again you're an expert in seeing things that aren't really there.

Last edited:
Back