• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Shirts burned

I've heard this said about Lobo and would be interested in hearing some reasons that would lead one to think so.

There were a lot of small program HC openings over the past few years that Lobo apparently was interested in and nobody bit nor came close to it. Nobody wants him. Hard to believe that anyone who has watched us play and plummet into the D1 offensive statistical pits of despair during his tenure would believe this. Then again if you believe that Lobo slept in a Holiday Inn and is now instituting an offensive plan of imagination and genius while he held back during our 4 losing years of football- mostly attributable to an inept offense- then apply for Wellman's job- u got the skills and delusion to take his place without our missing a beat. By the way, Lobo sucks as a recruiter too. Pop Warner is his next stop.

I said it just because of the benefit of having a new OC.

Obvious. But, one would hope that he or his criminal accountant would at least pay the damn light bill.

That dude stalked my linkend the other day. Thought about sending him a message with my thoughts.

He may be a better HC that OC at least that would mean we get a new OC.

I've heard this said about Lobo and would be interested in hearing some reasons that would lead one to think so.

Its like saying RJ would be a better ballerina than a Republican.

I don't think he'd be a very good ballerina but he'd be a better ballerina than a Republican, that's for sure.

We bitch about our lack of depth and why we suck every November. Then we bitch about playing freshmen who will provide depth and keep us fresh in Nov and accuse Grobe of being short sighted and self centered. Deacon football baby! The football IQ of our fans matches our average rank in NCAA total offense.

That's one way to look at it. The other way is that he didn't pay attention to which players his coaches put on the field.

Why would you expect this? He doesn't pay attention to which coaches he puts on the field!

We bitch about our lack of depth and why we suck every November. Then we bitch about playing freshmen who will provide depth and keep us fresh in Nov and accuse Grobe of being short sighted and self centered. Deacon football baby! The football IQ of our fans matches our average rank in NCAA total offense.

This needs to be the final post on this thread.

Who's bitching about it?

The closest thing to bitching is a few people who just want to make sure these kids are going to continue to be used this year so they don't waste a year of eligibility.

Reading comprehension speaks to IQ as well...

Who's bitching about it?

The closest thing to bitching is a few people who just want to make sure these kids are going to continue to be used this year so they don't waste a year of eligibility.

Reading comprehension speaks to IQ as well...

It seems like everything gets twisted somehow into an indictment of WFU academics.

Grobe can't recruit because he won't play frosh! Oh no, Grobe doesn't give a shit about the program any more and is just burning these shirts because he is retiring!

Grobe has pretty ironclad logic for redshirting and it worked as long as we had ACC caliber recruits. A 5th year of bad players doesn't do much.

The youth excuses will come soon enough as well.

Price, Nikita, Camp, Harris, etc. are all in their last year of eligibility. This year is our best chance to make a bit of noise for a while. Grobe knows that and so he's playing everyone that can help all season.

Last edited:
Price, Nikita, Camp, Harris, etc. are all in their last year of eligibility. This year us our best chance to make a bit of noise for a while. Grove knows that and so he's playing everyone that can help all season.

Wouldn't hurt to get some kids some experience either since they are going to have to play next year.

It seems like everything gets twisted somehow into an indictment of WFU academics.

Grobe can't recruit because he won't play frosh! Oh no, Grobe doesn't give a shit about the program any more and is just burning these shirts because he is retiring!

Oh that bitching. Okay.

Personally, I think the retirement thing is a reach.

Oh that bitching. Okay.

Personally, I think the retirement thing is a reach.

How so? Do you think Grobe doesn't want an extension or that it's already a done deal?

I don't know what Grobe wants. It just doesn't seem like an automatic logical connection to link redshirt policy with contract situation.

Could they be linked? Sure, but it seems straight out of the tinfoil hat club to me.

Really? He has 4 years on his contract. Why execute a 5 year plan?

His "lifetime contract" ends at age 65. This season and next should be very important in deciding the future of the program.

Last edited:
Really? He has 4 years on his contract. Why execute a 5 year plan?

Question for the field: I admittedly know very little about our true freshman class. Did Grobe pull the shirts off his nine best freshmen, or are there true freshmen still shirted who have superior talent?

Based on the little I know and have read here, I'm guessing the second.

Given that, it doesn't jive with Ph's theory to me. If it's 2016 or bust, why leave your top true freshmen (or at least some of them) shirted?

Back