• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Shit got crazy last night in the TX State House

During his remarks, the Texas governor … said of the pro-choice movement, “the louder they scream, the more we know that we are getting something done.”

Haha, hey Rick Perry, the national news is paying attention to you, maybe you should try to pick words that sound a bit less rape-y when referring to a group of women?

He also criticized Wendy Davis in a remarkably condescending manner.

Link

"Studies from the state’s health department and the New England Journal of Medicine have both projected that fewer women in Texas now have access to birth control, and more of them will accidentally get pregnant. "

GREAT JOB GUV!!!!

"Studies from the state’s health department and the New England Journal of Medicine have both projected that fewer women in Texas now have access to birth control, and more of them will accidentally get pregnant. "

GREAT JOB GUV!!!!

God I hate him.

Wendy Davis hopefully accelerates the purple to blue transition of Texas. She has gotten people excited.

That cartoon is brilliant.

Back in session

tumblr_mp9rotEXwe1rapak3o1_1280.jpg

Pro choicers now chanting hail satan and those singing amazing grace.

At least it didn't turn into the pissing contest that we though it would

i wonder if the hail satan chants have to do with the fact that the mountain goats are big pro choicers and have been very vocal about it

Yeakel also gave a victory to PP two years ago in a case involving a state funded women's clinic program that wanted to attach certain restrictions to which entities could receive its money. The state appealed to the 5th Circuit and promptly won. I'd expect the same song and dance here, although I don't know what other panels the state might get at the 5th.

Bump.

Back before filibusters were a bad thing, we were all told of the heroic yarn of Wendy Davis: struggling single trailer park mom-turned self-made Harvard Law grad-turned filibuster idol.

About that....http://dallasmorningviewsblog.dalla...ntment-about-the-true-wendy-davis-story.html/

Well, if you don't count the parts that weren't true, it was a fine story.

In fairness, she has countered with a true observation (this time) in her response (that her presumed Republican opponent): “hasn't walked a mile in my shoes.”

Hard to argue with that:

293wmsl.jpg

jhmd, what is your problem with her real life story?

jhmd, what is your problem with her real life story?

Nothing. Had she told it the first time, it would be all good, but don't give me the "single mother put herself through Harvard law" when the truth was she sent her children and tuition payments to her husband, whom she promptly divorced when he paid her way through. That her own child chose to stay with her stepfather (rather than her biological mother) after she filed for divorce seems to undercut the doting single mother narrative. Integrity, and all that.

The proper question isn't what's my problem with the true version; it is what was hers?

Last edited:
Back