• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Shooting at an elementary school in Connecticut

BCC just said that the younger brother of Ryan Lanza is being held.

These guys have the same name and the same profile pic. Very strange.

yeah, i get that. more the "why/what does this mean" is what i don't get.

who was the other wilshe guy you posted?

Christmas is a week and a half away. How many of these parents have presents wrapped and hidden away, plans to visit family over the school break, to pick out a tree together over the weekend...

I'm gonna go curl up in a ball under my desk for a bit.
I didn't even know about this until just a little while ago. The pictures of these devastated parents and children are truly heartbreaking. How can someone be this completely fucked in the head and heartless- and why didn't people who know him try to get him put away in an insane asylum or something. Fuck!

A group we should keep extremely close in mind is the first-responders and the medical personnel having to deal with the aftermath.

The most haunting stories I heard after April 16th were from my friends on the rescue squad who had to hear the phones of the deceased vibrating in their pockets, knowing each time it was a family member or friend who hadn't learned of their fate. I know it didn't take us long to wear the battery out on our friends' phones; sickening feeling when it started going straight to voicemail.

I don't want to imagine the scene witnessed by those working the site today... I'm sure the families of the victims will have an outpouring of global support; I hope others here will join me in making sure that blanket covers the less-obvious victims undoubtedly scarred by this.

yeah, i get that. more the "why/what does this mean" is what i don't get.

who was the other wilshe guy you posted?

Someone who doesn't think he did it. Apparently a friend? From NJ.

You'd have to have a good reason to post that right now.

A group we should keep extremely close in mind is the first-responders and the medical personnel having to deal with the aftermath.

The most haunting stories I heard after April 16th were from my friends on the rescue squad who had to hear the phones of the deceased vibrating in their pockets, knowing each time it was a family member or friend who hadn't learned of their fate. I know it didn't take us long to wear the battery out on our friends' phones; sickening feeling when it started going straight to voicemail.

I don't want to imagine the scene witnessed by those working the site today... I'm sure the families of the victims will have an outpouring of global support; I hope others here will join me in making sure that blanket covers the less-obvious victims undoubtedly scarred by this.

I was thinking about that when reading that tweet about children being told to cover their eyes. Not only are they dealing with such a horrific situation but they also have to try to protect the children still on the scene.

i feel like i work with fucking robots. i'm getting upset at the sound of people just chatting on like normal.

i want to crawl under my desk or go home under my covers, but i feel silly asking to leave.

Probably a good idea to stop trying to self-sleuth a mass murder of children by using Facebook and Twitter.

Back in the real world, however, tough to imagine a more sickening situation than this.

Probably a good idea to stop trying to self-sleuth a mass murder of children by using Facebook and Twitter.

Back in the real world, however, tough to imagine a more sickening situation than this.

Yeah, all of these twitter/facebook accounts are coming around with posts saying it wasn't them. I hope the media got his name right.

Some people might just want attention right now or not want to believe their friends did this. Shock is a crazy thing. No real reason to try and rationalize the behavior of people close to them.

Yeah, all of these twitter/facebook accounts are coming around with posts saying it wasn't them. I hope the media got his name right.

I'm kind of wondering if this guy was an active 4channer (or some similar weird internet forum) and if these confusing facebook/twitter posts were planned beforehand to throw off the media and make them look bad.

Back