• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Should Dan evaluate his own performance?

Ph hates life in general. He is on a school dole and is not out working for a living like most folks. Let him comes out him and be an "employer" and try to make a payroll and match social security taxes. Or better yet, let him go thru what Dan has to and get furloughed in the summer with no pay for several weeks at a time. Then Ph would see what the real world is like.

We can't all have a job handed to us by our father.

Your statement that being a college professor is not working for a living is hilariously wrong.

CPP is The Man. And there is no "arguably".

For reference, Charles Pierce, arguably America's greatest living sportswriter, appeared on national television dressed like this:

n_hayes_8brown_120922.video-260x195.jpg

Do better, AD plants.

Dan does a pretty nice job as a beat writer for the resources the Journal gives him. As someone who lives about 500 miles away, I know I appreciated it.

Part of the issue with those resources is that he is expected to maintain a blog while also doing his beat job. It can't be easy. And while the situation clearly runs counter to an academic ideal, such is reality in modern media. When you consider all that he does, he does a pretty good job of balancing. the two.

He also hasn't really ever said anything unreasonable that I can remember, even with the benefit of hindsight (which is actually pretty impressive if you think about it). The one article cited in this thread said if you're going to blame Lobo you need to blame Grobe too. What was it that happened this past fall, again? The tone of most of his blogs since pretty much year 2 of [Redacted] has been, "this sucks, but you just can't fire a guy this fast." While a large majority of us have wanted Bz gone for a long time now, the position isn't unreasonable even if you disagree with it. Personally, I believe [Redacted] has been awful enough to warrant being fired sooner than 4 years even if that should be a rarity. But I also realize that quickly firing Bz after what happened with Dino could likely only damage the program more.

And I disagree with the notion that he has disparaged fans based on their opinions. Their methods, certainly. Their opinions, not really. But none of it has been unreasonable if you consider that he has two jobs to fill. You can complain that it's so, but you'd just be pissing into the wind of reality.

Ph hates life in general. He is on a school dole and is not out working for a living like most folks. Let him comes out him and be an "employer" and try to make a payroll and match social security taxes. Or better yet, let him go thru what Dan has to and get furloughed in the summer with no pay for several weeks at a time. Then Ph would see what the real world is like.

Coach [Redacted]: coaching
The Reff: posting.

Lol.

El Chupe is on walkabout right now, but the gist of it was that TheReff and keeper and others were at a Wake baseball game together sitting in front of El Chupe, Reff leaves to go take a dump or something, and keeper and the other old timers just start ripping on Reff behind his back. Reff is basically like the Jerry Gergich of the old timer Wake community.

GEORGE: So, she's the loser of the group. Every group has someone that they all make fun of.. Like us with Elaine.

As to the topic at hand, people can bitch all they want. Dan does a pretty solid job given the circumstances. I agree he should probably pocket the references to the peanut gallery and the like, but I enjoy more of what I read from him than the stuff I don't.

As to the topic at hand, people can bitch all they want. Dan does a pretty solid job given the circumstances. I agree he should probably pocket the references to the peanut gallery and the like, but I enjoy more of what I read from him than the stuff I don't.

But Dan really, really loves peanuts!

ps, despite what phd asserts, I am NOT behind the donut dan, etc. tags

some other boards genius will have to take credit for those

Next time I see theReffster...might have to take a chunk out of his ass, since he thinks I was "on the dole" for 25 years as a public educator. Unreal.

Always weird to see college educated people on a college sports message board bash educators.

Exactly. And what else would I do with mine?

Always weird to see college educated people on a college sports message board bash educators.

Especially when they selflessly take so much time out of their day to educate all of us, too. And without us even asking!

Also weird to see someone who constantly demands accountability and results from others working in an industry where accountability and results no longer matter once tenure is attained.

Back