• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Silicon Valley (HBO show)

super beta bro main character is making it for me, surprise surprise

fc,550x550,grass_green.jpg

Finally got around to watching the first episode. It was alright but seemed like they were trying too hard in a lot of spots. Hopefully the writers hit their stride a bit more over the next few eps.

Hah, I watched the 1st ep last night too. It was aight, the part about the programmer pack demographics was hilarious.

Hah, I watched the 1st ep last night too. It was aight, the part about the programmer pack demographics was hilarious.

It has some good moments but also parts that make no sense. Like when the weird Jared character does a discounted cash flow analysis for a pre-revenue company with no product. And when the Peter Thiel character wants them to provide a 3 year P&L projection. Other than cash burn nobody is going to give a shit about projections at that stage. If you don't even have a product much less a revenue model how are you going to project shit? Obviously I may be a bit too involved in this stuff to step back and just enjoy it.

:rolleyes: oh no let me pretend to fucking care.

The dude with the long hair and the glasses' rant from episode 2 was a riot. Also a big fan of TJ Miller's character

The Satanist guy kills me. He's hilarious.

Beta guy is super annoying but at least he's growing a bit of a sack.

It has some good moments but also parts that make no sense. Like when the weird Jared character does a discounted cash flow analysis for a pre-revenue company with no product. And when the Peter Thiel character wants them to provide a 3 year P&L projection. Other than cash burn nobody is going to give a shit about projections at that stage. If you don't even have a product much less a revenue model how are you going to project shit? Obviously I may be a bit too involved in this stuff to step back and just enjoy it.

Yes.

Peter Gregory only had 5 episodes. Actor passed from lung cancer.

Link

I don't see any of these guys hooking up with the hot chick that works for Gregory.

Back