• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Snow

Shit's unsafe. I was driving on 29 near Charlottesville after last year's blizzard and a guy going the other direction about 70 mph had a big sheet of snow fall from his roof onto his windshield, causing him to slam on the brakes. thankfully no one was in front of him or behind him.

Shit's unsafe. I was driving on 29 near Charlottesville after last year's blizzard and a guy going the other direction about 70 mph had a big sheet of snow fall from his roof onto his windshield, causing him to slam on the brakes. thankfully no one was in front of him or behind him.

yuuup. I've seen a car with windshield crushed in from getting hit by someone else's flying sheet of ice. clear off your cars: the whole roof, hood, trunk. Also pretty terrible when people just do the part of the windshield in front of the driver, not even the whole thing.

I guess I am taking over LK's grumping about school being closed. Although, I am very glad they are making good decisions to keep everyone safe (and my road is a terrible sheet of ice going one way), I cannot get any work done while trying to entertain E.
Matt had to go into the office, the other 2 are at daycare (which opened at 10) and I can't even figure out what to do with him today let alone tomorrow. I really need to go into work on Wednesday, but it's not looking good...

S would sit in front of the TV for 4 days straight (that's my boy), but E might watch something for 15 min before he wants to play basketball, run around, paint, play a board game, begs to go outside...

Our Daycare is closed today :tard:

They're under new management, and I hadn't noticed any major differences until they decided to close today, FTL

chic, any other friends in the area that have kids at home so one parent can watch a couple to give the other some time off? or so the kids can play together and get out of your hair? (gotta love parenting thoughts from childless people!)

I read somewhere on the parenting thread that you are supposed to drug them on days like this

When our kid was in daycare at Centenary in downtown W-S, the first director tied their closing to the school system. I argued that the school system had a more sensitive closure schedule because of buses, which day care didn't have and they changed the policy.

If everyone else in the world has to drive to work on slightly bad roads, so should the day care employees.

When I lived up north you could get a ticket/fined for not clearing the snow from the car..Having people driving around with snow/ice flying off their hood/roof is super dangerous. Warm up the car and brush it off people. This stuff happens once or twice a year in NC.

Yeah or just do like we did and clear it off once it stops snowing and it's all powder

I've seen a car with windshield crushed in from getting hit by someone else's flying sheet of ice.

I was in the front passenger seat of a vehicle that this happened to when I was about 12 years old. Luckily the driver was able to pull right over and the windshield didn't fully bust. It did cave in a few inches though and was quite terrifying as the sheet of ice was coming towards us. The driver & I had laps full of glass shards.

chic, any other friends in the area that have kids at home so one parent can watch a couple to give the other some time off? or so the kids can play together and get out of your hair? (gotta love parenting thoughts from childless people!)

No one that we know lives close...

Yeah or just do like we did and clear it off once it stops snowing and it's all powder

In my neighborhood it wasn't the snow that was the problem, it was getting the 0.75" of ice underneath it off.

In my neighborhood it wasn't the snow that was the problem, it was getting the 0.75" of ice underneath it off.

this. I drove 30 miles yesterday and let my car run forever in advance and still couldn't get the ice cake off.

Pee on it

R-Kelly-press-2016-billboard-650.jpg

Back