• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Snow

I can see a big field out my window at work and this morning it was completely covered in snow, but I'd say it's maybe 30% covered at this point.

Ugh the same BS excuse. Guess what, the north doesn't spend more on machinery to clear the snow, they already have the machinery the same way as the south does - they are called garbage trucks and municipal dump trucks and whatever other big heavy trucks the town/county/state already owns. They put a plow on the front of what they already have, they don't buy a whole new truck. This isn't some massive crippling expenditure.

I'll let somebody from the north answer this, but I don't think this is true.

Even if you believe that the north just adds plows or attachments to the same machinery that the south has, don't you think most northern cities have more plows and attachments around than the south?

Doesn't take long, or much critical thinking, to debunk another 2&2 falsehood.

It's amazing how somebody can be wrong so frequently, with such consistency. It's truly remarkable.

WHY CAN'T WINSTON-SALEM MATCH THE 500 TRUCKS BOSTON HAS SPECIFICALLY FOR THIS ENDEAVOR?

Makes you wonder, doesn't it?

I don't know how cities in the south handle this, but Boston also sets aside money from the Mass. DOT to pay out privately contracted plow drivers who just use their own vehicles with a plow attachment.

I won't jump through the hoops of whether this falls under 2&2's explicit categorization of "the north doesn't spend more on machinery to clear the snow" than the south does though.

I guess I am taking over LK's grumping about school being closed. Although, I am very glad they are making good decisions to keep everyone safe (and my road is a terrible sheet of ice going one way), I cannot get any work done while trying to entertain E.
Matt had to go into the office, the other 2 are at daycare (which opened at 10) and I can't even figure out what to do with him today let alone tomorrow. I really need to go into work on Wednesday, but it's not looking good...

S would sit in front of the TV for 4 days straight (that's my boy), but E might watch something for 15 min before he wants to play basketball, run around, paint, play a board game, begs to go outside...

And here I am having done a complete 180 on it. Kids and I have played in the snow 3 straight days.

Bizarro world!

And here I am having done a complete 180 on it. Kids and I have played in the snow 3 straight days.

Bizarro world!

I have actually come full circle on it in this instance too, because now E has to get a crown tomorrow and if they cancel, he'll not have to miss a day.

Sledding with your kids is pretty awesome.

I've driven around the past two days. Today got significantly better, but the back roads are still icy as hell, and a few side roads off Country Club haven't even been touched. It's not surprising to me their still closed.

The bridges and overpasses are still extremely treacherous as well.

Nothing is refreezing tonight. I bet they could do a delay tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nothing is refreezing tonight. I bet they could do a delay tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doubt it. The back roads in Buena Vista and Sherwood are still really bad. I don't see that changing enough overnight to risk it.

I bet we have normal school times Thursday though.

Back