• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Snow

If you guys would just get to work instead of bitching on a message board, you could be clearing snow by now.

In the few short hours since 2&2's suggestion, I have a functional snow plow and I am prepared to get to work.

images

Guys, quit piling on 2&2. Plowing over his suggestion, without providing your own alternative, is effectively removing all civility from this conversation. Quit throwing salt, you haters.

Next time, you guys can prepare for thoughtful discourse (and avoid delays in the didactic process) by simply listening. We all know 2&2's intentions are as pure as the driven snow.

Guys, quit piling on 2&2. Plowing over his suggestion, without providing your own alternative, is effectively removing all civility from this conversation. Quit throwing salt, you haters.

Next time, you guys can prepare for thoughtful discourse (and avoid delays in the didactic process) by simply listening. We all know 2&2's intentions are as pure as the driven snow.

4/10. Needs more puns.

Plows get rid of a large volume of ice that insulates the compact / ice on days like today.

sure but isn't the weather getting rid of the ice today? I'm sure a plow would help, but I have the impression that the "get more plows" idea was so that we could get streets cleared even though it's 28*.

I also now have a plow courtesy of the scrapyard and some generous welding students at Forsyth Tech. Taxpayers gonna pay for my kid's college by the time I'm done clearing this snow.

Bild-lincoln-snow-plow.jpg

sure but isn't the weather getting rid of the ice today? I'm sure a plow would help, but I have the impression that the "get more plows" idea was so that we could get streets cleared even though it's 28*.

Sure, today. But more plowed surfaces would've helped the melting yesterday. If there is sun, there's some melting at 28F.

Last edited:
Sure, today. But more plowed surfaces would've helped the melting yesterday. If there is sun, there's some melting at 28F.

Exactly. There is absolutely no reason that a county like Mecklenburg, with a population of over 1 million people, can't have enough plows so that 2+ days of M/T/W school and work aren't missed because it snowed 3 inches on a Saturday morning in only half the county. Take $1 dollar of sales tax paid by each person in the county in one year and you would have a fleet of plows that would work for the next 20 years. But dat focus on 0.01% bathrooms doe.

I think 2&2 has solved the Trolley problem.

Actually, that is another perfect example. Charlotte is spending $150 million on Anthony Foxx's trolleycar (thanks, Obama) that goes up one street, nobody rides, and which has made traffic significantly worse as it chews up an entire lane ( http://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/local/article9160712.html ), yet they can't afford goddamn plows? Give me a fucking break. From a quick Google search, a snow plow costs about $1,500 (without bulk discount). So Charlotte could have 100,000 plows, but instead has a trolley to nowhere. And bathrooms. Can never forget the bathrooms.

trolleys, bathrooms, and snow plows

this has been zero sum politics with your host, 2&2

trolleys, bathrooms, and snow plows

this has been zero sum politics with your host, 2&2

Actually not. Bathrooms turned out to be a loser beyond anyone's wildest imagination. Trolleys are $100 million loser. Plows would get positive ROI the first time it snowed.

This thread has been thoroughly entertaining, but not for the reasons one might anticipate when opening a thread about snow. I love local government #hottakes.

Why don't they just let 2and2 run everything? He is always so spot on about all his opinions!

Back