• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Snow

47576841_2376823459013384_4895389254235979776_n.jpg

I would imagine the city will be damn near shut down tomorrow. It’s impossible to get around in this shit. Too dangerous to open businesses

We have a ton and it’s still snowing. Not a ton literally. 😄
Oilville va

Didn’t measure, but I’d say we got about a foot in Hickory. Turned to a sleeting rain for a while this afternoon (very pleasant to take kids sledding in). Roads were a mess—took our old ‘99 4Runner out for a while and didn’t see any area that had been plowed until we came home a few hours later. Definitely passable only with 4WD for now.

Only ended up with like 6 inches in N. Avl
Airport (12 miles south of me) got 11 and swannanoa (6 miles east of me) got 17....really weird. Had a big run of sleet last night, probably killed our totals

Anyone else catch the weather Channel "driving coach" from Buffalo advising NC residents? Ridiculous

It is snowing heavier now than it did at any point yesterday ... really coming down. I assume no school tomorrow, probably Wednesday either.

It seems like in the past few years of living here (Lewisville), plows were working throughout the precipitation.

Not that it has affected us much, but I'm yet to see a DOT vehicle in/near our HOA. Guessing it's a combination of the main roads being a nightmare & everything coming down on a Sunday?

It is snowing heavier now than it did at any point yesterday ... really coming down. I assume no school tomorrow, probably Wednesday either.

That didn't last long. Charlotte (city and south) is miserable for snow. Lincolnton is 30 miles away and I saw a report of 12.7 inches, while we got 2.7 of gross slop. I imagine you're happy, though.

My road out in Leicester just got plowed about 10 mins ago.

If I wasn’t stuck here and facing the possibility of my wife killing me, I would’ve gone to the Orange Peel last night where Dave Grohl and Warren Haynes played a surprise show since they were snowed in.

I have a Forester but I went out last night and the main roads were fine. Secondary roads were a mess because the snow was a foot and a half high in some places and the plowing of the main road had created big walls of snow at intersections. I think I was able to go from Ardmore to West End in 15 minutes though.

This was the view from my front window this morning....
game-of-thrones-poster-north-of-the-wall.jpg

in all seriousness, got about 11 inches in Fletcher (just south of Asheville).Kids school called today.
My guess is their earliest return on Thursday.

Back