• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Snow

This is so dumb. It has been over 70 in Winston for a week. Even if it does snow, the ground will be too warm for anything to stick.

Kinda surreal to be outside smoking some ribs in 60 degree weather knowing we're getting like 6" of snow overnight and it'll be in the 20's tomorrow.

Kinda surreal to be outside smoking some ribs in 60 degree weather knowing we're getting like 6" of snow overnight and it'll be in the 20's tomorrow.

Kind of cool, though, right?

Big ol nothing burger alert!!!

(Kidding. Lots of snow in Boone. A shocking amount has stuck considering how warm the ground was.)

seeing a few flakes in charlotte right now. mainly rain and nothing will stick but still fun to see

Coming down heavy in the Triad. Bad storm last night with a lot of wind. We’re out of power with an est. return of 5pm tomorrow. Huge tree fell down in our backyard across some power lines. Very thankful it fell away from the house.

We lost power from 6:30 to 10AM. City if High Point is typically quick to get power back on. Much better than Duke Power.

Rate of snow was fast enough to overcome the speed of melting. Surprised, given how heavy it rained this morning. I'm sure my daughter is mad that it didn't start a few hours earlier.

Storms were crazy this morning in the Triangle with heavy rain, thunder and lightning. Now just absolutely miserable out. Currently icing, heavy winds.

Snowing pretty good here in Durham now. Obviously no accumulation though.

We had a solid 2-3" before it started melting. Absolutely crazy wind and storms last night with some intense localized flooding. We'd have been dumped on if the cold air came in advance of the moisture.

We’ve got a brilliant clear blue sky here now. Of course half of local businesses already decided to close for the day.

We didn’t lose power…just everything that depends on cable service…home phone, internet, and tv.

Weirdly, they don’t always all go out…sometimes we’ll lose phone and/or internet and still have tv. Presumably that’s some more centralized hardware glitch. Obviously when a tree or branch breaks the cable, it all goes out.

Actually, everything just came back on…thanks to the service folks working late and in the cold!

I'm seeing reports of folks being stuck on i-95 near Fredericksburg for up to 15 hours now.

Back