• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Snow

High Point is weird because power is split between city and Duke Power. Our friends ~ .3mi away with Duke Power haven't had power since yesterday. We were without for about 4hr.

They lose power less often than we do, but when we lose it, we're down for a few hours. When they're down, it's a while before they get it back.

Very excited about driving my whole family to the airport at 4 AM on Sunday for a 6:30 AM flight.

we are supposed to travel to s ga on friday, returning to charlotte Sunday AM through the middle of the bullseye.

prateptype_cat.conus.png

man what a ripoff if the Triangle and ENC gets more snow that WNC

Yeah, WNC really comes out on the short end of the snow stick every year :rolleyes: . Let the eastern part of the state have their "January 2020" storm once a generation.....

oh y'all can have all the snow you want, just saying if y'all get a lot it stands to reason the mountains should too

oh y'all can have all the snow you want, just saying if y'all get a lot it stands to reason the mountains should too

About the only time we do get something like that is a storm that bombs off the coast (and then slowly moves north)....unless it is gigantic (like the March 1993 storm), it probably won't be big enough to throw huge totals over the eastern and western parts of the state.

About the only time we do get something like that is a storm that bombs off the coast (and then slowly moves north)....unless it is gigantic (like the March 1993 storm), it probably won't be big enough to throw huge totals over the eastern and western parts of the state.

yeah I was living in FL for the March of 93 storm and we got like 2"

Catamount’s dad was skiing around our neighborhood in Winston during that 93 storm. I think we were out of school for a week and a half. Shit ruled.

Catamount’s dad was skiing around our neighborhood in Winston during that 93 storm. I think we were out of school for a week and a half. Shit ruled.

How bout those ‘Neers!!!!!

Back