• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Snow

Even if the weathermen are morons, which they likely are, the ice doesn't instantly appear for the 45 minutes that the temp drops to 32 (or 30, or 28) degrees on I-77 with its constant flow of traffic. You need a lot of rain, and prolonged really, really cold for that highway to ice over to the extent necessary to be dangerous. This is basic shit.

What is a hell of a lot more dangerous is the constant flying QT debris from the landscape truck / open trailer combos that constantly run up and down that highway unpoliced.
It can still ice if it's above 32 degrees though. It doesn't just require water on the ground to freeze

It is funny to me how they think brine will do any good when it’s going to rain first. I think they just feel like they have to do something just in case

It is funny to me how they think brine will do any good when it’s going to rain first. I think they just feel like they have to do something just in case
Apparently, brining sticks in the rain better than just salting does.

If they do nothing and it ices, people like 2&2 will act like it’s the biggest government failure of all time.

Even if the weathermen are morons, which they likely are, the ice doesn't instantly appear for the 45 minutes that the temp drops to 32 (or 30, or 28) degrees on I-77 with its constant flow of traffic. You need a lot of rain, and prolonged really, really cold for that highway to ice over to the extent necessary to be dangerous. This is basic shit.

What is a hell of a lot more dangerous is the constant flying QT debris from the landscape truck / open trailer combos that constantly run up and down that highway unpoliced.

Bridges ice faster than roadways smart guy.

Bridges ice faster than roadways smart guy.
And neither ice when it is 38 degrees out and hasn't been below freezing (and got up to 45) for over 12 hours before it even started raining, Einstein. Not to mention the constant flow of traffic over it.

The best part of this argument is 2 and 2 is 100 percent a person that would bitch and moan about roads being in awful shape because DOT didn’t brine the roads based on a forecast that didn’t call for freezing temperatures.

“What were those idiots thinking. Do they ACTUALLY think weathermen know what they’re talking about?!?!”

The best part of this argument is 2 and 2 is 100 percent a person that would bitch and moan about roads being in awful shape because DOT didn’t brine the roads based on a forecast that didn’t call for freezing temperatures.

“What were those idiots thinking. Do they ACTUALLY think weathermen know what they’re talking about?!?!”
yep

whining is the point

Indeed. Truly a no win situation with these chronically aggrieved people.

Back