• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Snow

Cancellation tomorrow isn’t for ice it’s for subtropical conditions and flood warnings. Now you can argue whether that’s appropriate (which we know you will) but yeah

It took me all of 20 seconds to find a tweet from a Charlotte weatherman highlighting the risks tomorrow:

"That wind could gust over 45 mph in spots, leading to downed trees and power outages. Additionally, there are threats for flooding with 3-4" of rain and even a tornado risk from I-85 and south (including Charlotte.) Stay alert, it's going to be a rough day."

It’s for the wind (and buses) diggler, not the rain.

I figure I’m overdue for a power outage so just stacked a bunch of firewood under the deck

They didn't cancel for ice you idiot - they cancelled because the storm is supposed to be 30-40 MPH of wind and rain around the time busses are taking kids home. Probably some big liability concerns there for school systems.
Well if landscaping trucks and trailers can get out there in 30–40mph winds, so can a bus full of school children

As probably the only poster here that has a bus cdl, I can assure you all that driving a bus in winds above 30 mph is scary af and ridiculously unsafe, and when you compound that with 3 inches of rain on top of an already saturated ground, you have an absolute transportation nightmare.

As probably the only poster here that has a bus cdl, I can assure you all that driving a bus in winds above 30 mph is scary af and ridiculously unsafe, and when you compound that with 3 inches of rain on top of an already saturated ground, you have an absolute transportation nightmare.
Yeah but did you consider that it won’t be icing ?

Back