• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Snow

Getting completely dumped on right now about 20 miles west of Chicago. My wife is in the city and it's just rain.

2-hour delay for CMS today. Because it rained yesterday, which ended around 5:00pm. You can't make this shit up, just phenomenal leadership. As everyone knows, 90% of success in life is showing up, and our school system does a great job of teaching kids that there is no reason to try to show up.

2-hour delay for CMS today. Because it rained yesterday, which ended around 5:00pm. You can't make this shit up, just phenomenal leadership. As everyone knows, 90% of success in life is showing up, and our school system does a great job of teaching kids that there is no reason to try to show up.
The issue is, at least in our county, that you have tons of debris, downed branches and trees on the roadways and the sun doesn't rise until around 7:40, which makes running teenage drivers and buses a dangerous proposition in the dark. Also, it gives the road crews more time to make the roads passable. I understand why we came late today.

Also, as I've explained to countless people in my area countless times, counties are big and bus routes are expansive and just because your driveway is clear it doesn't indicate that roads are safe all over the county.

The issue is, at least in our county, that you have tons of debris, downed branches and trees on the roadways and the sun doesn't rise until around 7:40, which makes running teenage drivers and buses a dangerous proposition in the dark. Also, it gives the road crews more time to make the roads passable. I understand why we came late today.

Also, as I've explained to countless people in my area countless times, counties are big and bus routes are expansive and just because your driveway is clear it doesn't indicate that roads are safe all over the county.

Sadly, your reasonable discussion ain’t gonna stop ‘Murica going to hell from such wimpiness, probably.

No Mako, we should base CMS school schedules on 2&2’s driveway.

Thank god 2and2 doesn't hold public office. I feel bad already for the folks he is the manager of at his job.

2&2 is really taking on this Bud Kilmer role regarding CMS attendance with gusto. He better pace himself, it's only early January, lots of calendar left this winter....

It’s a situation that’s pretty black and white. Either it’s a bit and it’s kind of funny, well played. Or he’s serious and it’s extremely sad.

It starts as an earnestly ignorant post and then he morphs it into a “bit” when it’s universally criticized and when reality happens to show how ignorant it was.

Back