• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Snow

Also, as I've explained to countless people in my area countless times, counties are big and bus routes are expansive and just because your driveway is clear it doesn't indicate that roads are safe all over the county.
But the flip side is true too. Just because 5% of kids have shit in the road near their house doesn't mean the other 95% should be late to school. Just make it an excused tardy or absent day for anyone who says they can't get there.

biff who gives a fuck, it was a 2 hr delay
Usually, every parent who then is 2 hours late to work because they have to stay with their kid until the bus comes 2 hours late, or who has to drop their kids off 2 hours late. But feel free to shut down the economy of the 15th largest city in the country because somebody has some branches or flipped garbage cans in their street.

Usually, every parent who then is 2 hours late to work because they have to stay with their kid until the bus comes 2 hours late, or who has to drop their kids off 2 hours late. But feel free to shut down the economy of the 15th largest city in the country because somebody has some branches or flipped garbage cans in their street.
this where it pays to be WFHELIte

Well, it's raining out. Glad they closed school for this. Might rain, might ice, might snow, might be some wind, someone might get the sniffles - better shut down the school. And be sure to wear your cloth mask for extra safety if your airbag does not deploy.

The bright side of our educational system teaching kids to prioritize being pussies is that in a few years there likely won't be anyone willing to work hard enough to drive a landscaping truck/trailer combo.

If your kid turns out to be a pussy because he didn't go to school for a day or two, I can assure you it's not the fault of the educational system.

the park near the entrance to my work is on the banks of the French Broad River and the water was just up to the road, which is probably several hundred yards from the normal river banks. supposedly it's hitting peak later tonight, so I imagine many streams near roadways in the greater Charlotte area are experiencing same.

Hilarious how it’s arguably the two parents LEAST affected by the closures/delays whining so much. Sorry your kids suck so hard and/or you can’t bear to log on from home for a sec to wait out a delay

yeah I mean my kid was delayed until 9 today so I just sat on the couch while he watched TV and played on my phone after answering a couple of emails

This is true. The WFHELIte have managed to position themselves as the lowest common denominator in all post-Covid school matters.
what is the threshold for shutting down your office over weather? when did you mandate return to office during Covid? or did you just never shut down?

My kids drive to school. This is just another example of how our school leadership is a vast wasteland of stupidity. And they're also reorganizing their management model so I'm sure we'll see some more stupid going on soon.

what is the threshold for shutting down your office over weather? when did you mandate return to office during Covid? or did you just never shut down?

We never shut our office due to weather. We were out for about a month for Covid.

We never shut our office due to weather. We were out for about a month for Covid.
ADdW5J.gif

“Vast wasteland of stupidity” responsible for more than just your two teenagers.

So if your kids are driving teenagers what was the big deal to you biff, can’t they get themselves ready?

But the flip side is true too. Just because 5% of kids have shit in the road near their house doesn't mean the other 95% should be late to school. Just make it an excused tardy or absent day for anyone who says they can't get there.
Ok, and then if you make that announcement you have tons and tons of kids that are laying out of school because there's not repercussion for missing that day of school and it becomes a wasted educational day.

Back