• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Snow

So it's pretty certain we're going to get something shitty, like 90+% chance?

Yes, but the amounts are uncertain. Even light amounts will be a pain in the ass. There is a small but growing chance that we get a lot more.

Dude. Black mountain and ice do not mix well.

Yeah, I knoes. :tear:

If I go that way I'll probs leave before noon.

Fuuu, gf was gonna try and drive to WS from Asheville tomorrow night. How treacherous would that be?

My girlfriend is going home to Black Mountain and was planning on leaving here around 5:30. I'm trying to convince her to leave earlier.

Fuuu, gf was gonna try and drive to WS from Asheville tomorrow night. How treacherous would that be?

My girlfriend is going home to Black Mountain and was planning on leaving here around 5:30. I'm trying to convince her to leave earlier.

seriously, that sucks for you guys. hope everyone travels safely.

Last edited:
seriously, that sucks for you guys. hope everyone travels safely.

Appreciate it man. The problem is that she has class till 5 and it's her mom's b-day weekend. I would suggest leaving Saturday morning but I'm not even sure that would be safe either. May be the smartest to just leave tomorrow morning and skip classes.

pretty sure her mom would rather her be late and safe.

Bump, per radar it seems like the snow/ice will start sooner than expected (10am-ish in Winston).

FreakToy was going to drive from CLT to DC around 11am today but I told her it would be suicide. She can't get out of NC quick enough to avoid the ice.

At least we should both be home around noon today.

Sleet just started about 5 minutes ago in Huntersville / Lake Norman ... according to the tv weather guy less than 30 minutes ago it wasn't supposed to start here until about 1:30....here we go...

Yeah I just drove thru the Huntersville stuff. It freezes as soon as it hits your windshield.

Yeah I just drove thru the Huntersville stuff. It freezes as soon as it hits your windshield.

Yeah, the fun of cold. I tried to use my windshield sprayers the other day and the fluid froze as it left the sprayer.

Ugh, better leave now to get breakfast and drugs in case my incubating case of norovirus (assuming the worst) hits while everything's iced down...

Back