• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Snow

my boss said we could leave at the first sign of precip.

please let me know when something starts falling in Winston!

I think it's just sleet right now but it started right when I got to Winston. I also saw 3 or 4 snow plows driving through. Isn't that like all of NCs snow plows?

My grandmother called me and told me to tell my boss I needed to leave. Its snowing at a pretty good clip at home.

Is there anyway to check road conditions/how icy they are online?

they brined (is that a word?) everything in GSO last night so I'm not TOO worried about roads. My main worry is ice on trees and power lines. My neighborhood is very vulnerable to tree limb power outages.

they brined (is that a word?) everything in GSO last night so I'm not TOO worried about roads. My main worry is ice on trees and power lines. My neighborhood is very vulnerable to tree limb power outages.

The brine will work well, until it converts to freezing rain. Then it'll all just wash off.

Just left work. I already made the mistake last month of thinking I could drive thru ice and I wrecked my car in the process so there's no way I'm being thick-headed again. Looks like the roads will at least be manageable up until early afternoon but then it looks miserable.

It was snowing and sticking here, but it stopped, they defs didn't brine my neighborhood so we are SCREWED ;)

Hmm, just watched a video of teh system on weather.com that basically has it all past Winston by 3 or 4 pm. Unless I'm just a total noob and am interpreting that wrong.

Back