• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Snow

so the weather kept saying about an inch of snow and now this:

Next 6 hours
Snow, heavy at times developing around early afternoon. Cloudy with temperatures steady near the upper 20s. Winds SSW at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of snow 85%. Snowfall of 2 to 3 inches through 4:30pm.

so the weather kept saying about an inch of snow and now this:

Next 6 hours
Snow, heavy at times developing around early afternoon. Cloudy with temperatures steady near the upper 20s. Winds SSW at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of snow 85%. Snowfall of 2 to 3 inches through 4:30pm.

Is that for W-S?

well shit.

i've got nowhere to go and picked up drugs, beer, and coffee this morning. let's have it, old man winter.

Not good if you're flying from the west coast back to NC today. I fly Santa Barbara-->Phoenix-->Charlotte-->Greensboro. Even if I make it to CLT, not too keen on flying on a puddle jumper into an iced up Greensboro airport.

Is it supposed to clear up tomorrow? Trying to plan my running schedule. Need to squeeze in 4 today and 7 tomorrow.

Just drove from Winston west to Advance. Temps never got above 24 and it was freezing rain. The rain kept freezing as it hit the windshield which was really annoying. Got home to a dusting of sleet. Overall, the roads werent aweful, but we were all keeping a safe distance from the cars ahead of us and went ~50mph.

low tonight in winston is mid 20s, hourly forecast says temps above freezing after 9 am

Good to go for late afternoon then. I miiiiight squeeze in 4 this afternoon if I can get out the door soon enough after leaving work at noon.

Based on the map and how quickly the storm is moving, it looks to me like it will hit us around 1, not 2. Just my 2 amateur cents.

ice_2011_radar_nc2d-640x480.jpg

When that massive chunk of precip crosses the mountains, watch out. It will be heavy.

WRAL just used the dreaded term 'significant ice event' in describing what the forecast is beginning to look like for the afternoon. Fuck.

Back