• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Snow

Wow! Already 5 inches here in north Durham.

This is impressive. Pretty safe to assume I won't be going into work tomorrow.

Haven't measured, but looks like we missed mass accumulation here. Doesn't look more than an inch or two.

The scene in Durham

ee940d50561d14f45a3137b551ad2c85.jpg

storm was a flop in CLT, we only got about 2 inches as it converted to rain with the warm nose aloft

3.5" in High Point. Maybe half of that on my driveway. Going to shovel in a bit.

Last edited:
Coupla inches in Charlotte. Just heard no snow in Monroe. Hey, that rhymes.

the adult part of me wants some 50* days and rain to melt the ice around my car and let me leave my parking spot while the child part of me is angry that raleigh will get a bigger snow than baltimore this year.

woohoo we win!

so far i'm the only one at my workplace who I've talked to, who actually has power this morning. EESH.

I heard there's 100k without power in Raleigh. I assume that's houses and not people.

We lost power around 3:30, but got it back within a few hours. My emergency gas logs I installed when I built the house still has not been used in an emergent situation.

It's picturesque outside. Perfect for playing in the snow, too - wet snow, barely cold, little wind.

This is awesome snow. It builds great snowballs, is a cinch to shovel and is already melting.

We haven't had power since Tuesday, but that may be because I haven't paid the bill since December. I blame the snow, though.

The snow in NR is perfect snowman/snowball snow. Sledding conditions were better last week, but I bet will be better tomorrow morning post re-freeze. Good times and good picture taking.

Back