• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Snow

Sugar Mountain started making snow new year's day and went from dirt to being open all the way to the top (well, only one slope from top to bottom, but still). Not bad. I'm supposed to ski race there this weekend but they are going to have to get more slopes open, or at least I assume they will not close the only operational slope to the public just to let a collection of has-beens and never-wases (me) race.

Flurries in Banner Elk today. High 32 Low 12 tomorrow but 42/34 on Friday and 50/35 on Saturday. Sugar should be able to make snow next 48 hours.

Flurries in Banner Elk today. High 32 Low 12 tomorrow but 42/34 on Friday and 50/35 on Saturday. Sugar should be able to make snow next 48 hours.

looks like they got Big Birch and Gunther's Way open overnight. That's where they will put the races unless they can get a solid base on Sugar Slalom and Oma's Meadow before the rain comes.

Probably posted earlier but raysweather.com good website for weather conditions and forecasts in Blue Ridge and Smokies. Professor from ASU been operating this site for over twenty years.

Setting up at this point to be relatively dry in the northeast and wetter in the south this year.

Only snowed about an inch here so far this year with another forecast tonight of around an inch.

155345e318f8e8ab4240a1113d5b6d2a.jpg

We'll be in north Georgia for a wedding Saturday evening. Supposed to drive back to the ATL on Sunday & then home to Raleigh Monday afternoon.

This does not bode well for us. :rulz:

it better not start until after my plane leaves early Sunday morning. I'm going to Utah where they have REAL snow and I don't want some weak-sauce NC slush screwing up my ski trip.

Back