• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Snow

This time last year I was going for a swim after my weekly run around Wrightsville Beach loop. Spring time can't get here fast enough.

The long cold dark winter is finally over, and spring is here to stay. Duke finally lost today.

No snow in DC, but tied a record low at Dulles of 22 today. Brrrrr. Just read March was something like 13 degrees below average.

Might be time to bump this thread. We have already received some decent snow in the mountains, and more predicted next Friday for Boone. Earlier there was a chance for a dusting here in the piedmont next Friday, but that now looks like rain.

All this is on my mind as I made the mistake and signed up for my son’s boy scouts two night trip at Grandfather next Friday and Saturday. I was in Todd last Sat night when the snow was coming down hard and the wind was blowing like shit. Praying like hell the scout leader cancels this trip, but he seems hell bent on going.:eek:hnoes:

(edit to apologize that this is the one from 2013. My search brought this one up and not one from last year. Can we start the 2014-15)

Might be time to bump this thread. We have already received some decent snow in the mountains, and more predicted next Friday for Boone. Earlier there was a chance for a dusting here in the piedmont next Friday, but that now looks like rain.

All this is on my mind as I made the mistake and signed up for my son’s boy scouts two night trip at Grandfather next Friday and Saturday. I was in Todd last Sat night when the snow was coming down hard and the wind was blowing like shit. Praying like hell the scout leader cancels this trip, but he seems hell bent on going.:eek:hnoes:

(edit to apologize that this is the one from 2013. My search brought this one up and not one from last year. Can we start the 2014-15)

2014-15 thread is already active :) http://www.ogboards.com/forums/showthread.php/23486-2014-2015-Winter-Apocalypse-Thread

"Forecasters say their confidence is growing that a significant snow storm could dump up to a half-foot of snow in the Portland metropolitan area starting early Thursday morning and lasting well into the evening."

:willynilly:

That's not relevant... Might as well be South America.

:willynilly: :willynilly:

As long as you go for a run, it'll be fine. I hear that snow is the perfect condition for running.

Back