• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Snow

i don't understand the 2 hour delay either. roads seem clear and dry. 20 degree weather cannot be a reason to delay school, it just can't. Makes no sense.

Hopefully she won't get the full 8" tomorrow or she may not come home.

you "omg school is closed it inconveniences work blah blah blah blah blah" jerkoffs need to shut the fuck up. i seriously doubt that whatever it is that you do at work is as important as spending a day with your kids.

Is it busing that makes it so all the schools closing in the south are based off of counties? When I was growing up in New England the schools individually closed by school which made more sense. Like in Atlanta Fulton county is closed which runs north south fucking 60 miles so it's going to poor rain in south Fulton and possible 8in of snow in north Fulton, all of Fulton off.

Is it busing that makes it so all the schools closing in the south are based off of counties? When I was growing up in New England the schools individually closed by school which made more sense. Like in Atlanta Fulton county is closed which runs north south fucking 60 miles so it's going to poor rain in south Fulton and possible 8in of snow in north Fulton, all of Fulton off.

Yes.

Oh, Jesus Christ.

School should only be canceled for temperature reasons when the temp gets down to like -10.

As a kid I absolutely waited at bus stops for like half an hour with frozen hair in subzero temperatures. It wasn't terrible. On gym days I could wrap my sweatpants around my head.

As a kid I absolutely waited at bus stops for like half an hour with frozen hair in subzero temperatures. It wasn't terrible. On gym days I could wrap my sweatpants around my head.

We would shoot loogies on the stop sign and watch them freeze as they rolled down.

That temperature line from Doofus is dumber than anything CreamyGoodness said on this thread last winter. Jesus.

weather.com is now saying 100% chance of now 5-8 inches in Greensboro.

5-8 in the Clit.... Damn...

post-50365-John-Candy-okay-I-see-gif-Imgu-1Y4F.gif

Yes there is obviously concern for black ice, yes buses could have problems, yes country roads are bad, yes it's really damn cold to have kids (especially young kids) out in 20-23 degree weather.

Things we should not be closing an entire school district for:
a few country roads being bad
the temperature being 20-23 degrees when the kids are standing out at the bus stop

WSFCS nailed it today. Delayed opening to be safe. Kids still get a full day counted for attendance and we aren't stretching the school year even further into June.

Yes there is obviously concern for black ice, yes buses could have problems, yes country roads are bad, yes it's really damn cold to have kids (especially young kids) out in 20-23 degree weather.

This may all be true, but cities in the north deal with this all the time. There has to be a better way to get kids back to school when we have the minor winter weather we routinely see in this area.

Back