• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

So how exactly did this happen?

So now the government stepping in to save business and enterprise with tax payer money is a bad thing to liberals. That's interesting.

No, what's wrong is Trump taking credit for something that was done locally.

But he did want to BK the US auto industry and fire hundreds of thousands of US workers. The auto workers who voted for Trump are huge suckers and absolute morons.

No, what's wrong is Trump taking credit for something that was done locally.

The auto workers who voted for Trump are huge suckers and absolute morons.

I think somebody found the next campaign slogan for 2020!!!!

"Cory Booker - Don't be a huge sucker or an absolute moron! Vote for Me!"

I want to see the link that says the jobs saved are in the 38,000-50,000 range, from what I read Carrier said they were all low paying high turnover jobs. So is that sourced or just the average a carrier employee makes which includes engineers etc...

Never mind found the average manufacturing job Indiana is 59,000, no wonder why these people want to keep their only high school educated jobs and employers want to ship them overseas.

That was my understanding. My understanding was that Pence gave incentives to protect/create certain jobs, the companies obliged, but then shipped other, unprotected jobs offshore. A bad deal, but qualitatively different from what Townie claimed. I'm willing to be educated, however, if I'm wrong.

Yep. Pence made a deal to keep one plant open so the company would just move a different plant. So Pence and company tried to pull back the benefits once they realize they got played.

Never mind found the average manufacturing job Indiana is 59,000, no wonder why these people want to keep their only high school educated jobs and employers want to ship them overseas.

One article I read put it at $30/hr in the US vs $11/day in Mexico.

"Now is not the time to downsize our dreams."
This is beautiful. The Trump 2016 Victory Tour. DJT in the House!

Is $7 million in tax breaks for 1000 jobs a good deal?

Is $7 million in tax breaks for 1000 jobs a good deal?

Yes. Taxes are only available for "breaks" if the company stays. If they leave, well, do the math, Doc.

Last edited:
Or take the money and automate.

My big things will always come back to who gets incentives and who gets penalties with this policy. Follow the money.

Does the source explain why it is so high? Minimum wage comes to about $16,000/year.

Because most of the people who work there have been on the job for ten, twenty or thirty years. In America, you are supposed to be paid in relation to how much money you help your company make. Well. it used to be that way. Now, RWers extol the practice of screwing working people out of fair pay for and honest day's work.

P.S Carrier is still sending 1300 jobs to Mexico. Trump got played...like he will over and over again.

http://www.stltoday.com/business/lo...cle_d2f958e5-1eaf-5401-93b1-c6b0990acab2.html

Back