• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

So, Vandy Is Off All Future OOC Schedules?

This is going to be a different animal than a 68-team basketball playoff. We may have some loose guidelines as to the criteria for the final four, but we have no idea what this committee will actually do.

Agreed on the fact the Vandy series should continue given the new requirement. Always play 1 FCS game. The the other two need to be 1 and 1's and 2 for 1's with local schools. Toughest part today is that almost all non-power 5 teams will want a big payout ($ we don't have) or a return game.

We're going to have to be aggressive and smart with our other 2 OOC. Was NOT a fan of the ULM and Utah State series. They don't add anything. Need to get schools like App, ODU, CHARLOTTE, Memphis, FIU, FAU, UMass, UConn, Temple, USF, GA Southern, GA State - schools where we actually recruit to get our name more of a stamp in that area.

The OOC schedule only really matters for the final four. We should just try to get to a bowl game, and build on that. One power 5, two lower D-1, and a FCS should do it. This year we couldn't even succeed with an easier type of schedule.

I have been saying this for years but everyone just says it would be too boring. Once we start winning regularly like that then make the schedule harder.

If we can get a 2 for 1 against an FBS team, we gotta take it.

Agreed on the fact the Vandy series should continue given the new requirement. Always play 1 FCS game. The the other two need to be 1 and 1's and 2 for 1's with local schools. Toughest part today is that almost all non-power 5 teams will want a big payout ($ we don't have) or a return game.

We're going to have to be aggressive and smart with our other 2 OOC. Was NOT a fan of the ULM and Utah State series. They don't add anything. Need to get schools like App, ODU, CHARLOTTE, Memphis, FIU, FAU, UMass, UConn, Temple, USF, GA Southern, GA State - schools where we actually recruit to get our name more of a stamp in that area.

The USU and ULM were scheduled late in the cycle, ULM was because Vandy bailed. We've had home and homes with Nebraska, Ole Miss, Baylor and Stanford. Not bad even for Wellman. Indiana will be a fair test in '15 and '16. StrickDeac, I like you idea of playing teams in our recruit area. Jamesda3, you are correct. We need to get on our feet before we travel to Tuscaloosa.

App State baby! Rekindle that old 421 rivalry! In state and the stadiums would sell out. Black and Gold backyard brawl!

Then play them in Sept & not Thanksgiving. Leave that weekend for rivalry game like all other true football games.

Then play them in Sept & not Thanksgiving. Leave that weekend for rivalry game like all other true football games.

Wouldn't have an issue with that. Would be fun to open the year with them every year.

I'm excited the Blue Hens are on the schedule - is that one and done, or will there be more matchups in the future?

The USU and ULM were scheduled late in the cycle, ULM was because Vandy bailed. We've had home and homes with Nebraska, Ole Miss, Baylor and Stanford. Not bad even for Wellman. Indiana will be a fair test in '15 and '16. StrickDeac, I like you idea of playing teams in our recruit area. Jamesda3, you are correct. We need to get on our feet before we travel to Tuscaloosa.

I thought Utah State was because of Vandy bailing?

I'm excited the Blue Hens are on the schedule - is that one and done, or will there be more matchups in the future?

One and done.
Beginning with their utter demolition by Pitt Week 1 this year, the Ass-Kickin Chickens are playing an ACC team every year for the next 5 or 6 years.

App State baby! Rekindle that old 421 rivalry! In state and the stadiums would sell out. Black and Gold backyard brawl!

This. App gotta be the best for instate OOC. Stay away from ECU

I think our final OOC game for 2016 is Notre Dame. Not positive though

Funny that App has probably got their worst team in recent memory their first year in FBS. Welcome to the varsity Appies!

Just like dook is our Coastal cross-over, so should Vandy be if/when we schedule the SEC.

Damn shame that we don't play them this year when they now suck again.:tear:

I've already penciled in a trip to the Big Sleazy in 2018 to see the Deacs (aka go to FQ and Harrah's)

Would be for this. However, App wants a return game from us. They want the ACC in Boone. How does everyone feel about that?

Back