• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

So, Vandy Is Off All Future OOC Schedules?

Would be for this. However, App wants a return game from us. They want the ACC in Boone. How does everyone feel about that?

Hell no!!! This ain't the NC Class AA playoffs.

Would be for this. However, App wants a return game from us. They want the ACC in Boone. How does everyone feel about that?

Why not? Similar size stadiums. Build the rivalry with home and home. Boone is beautiful in the fall.

Hell no!!! This ain't the NC Class AA playoffs.

That was not cool and snobbish. App is Division one now and would be a good opponent. The students at both schools would love the rivalry and road trips.

Why not? Similar size stadiums. Build the rivalry with home and home. Boone is beautiful in the fall.

App's Stadium seats 23k, Wake's seats 31k- not really that similar sized. Boone is beautiful in the fall but Wake should never play there.

I'd be more than OK if we never played another service academy in football

I hope we keep playing Army, I dont even care if it is only at Army, that was far and away one of the most fun games to travel too. Lots of alums in NYC and booze ferry up the hudson FTW.

I'm not anti doing 2 for 1 with App State. Although if memory serves me correctly that could possibly turn into 3 App State home games.

Personally, I'd be against playing in Boone as well. See if we can't manage to play "at App" in Charlotte. Or hell... just play at Charlotte.

If we want to recruit in Texas, we should get a series with Rice. Great venue, winnable game, about a mile or so from my house.

We were scheduled to play Rice last year and this year but it got postponed. Not sure if those games will ever happen

REquire a date in mid Oct when the leaves are changing ;) Would be a cool trip, IMO. 2 for 1 sounds good.

App's Stadium seats 23k, Wake's seats 31k- not really that similar sized. Boone is beautiful in the fall but Wake should never play there.

Wake's actually seats 34,500 ish including the Hill. But how often are there more than 25k butts in those seats on a regular basis?

I think we are due for a 2-for-1 renewal of this rivalry, now that they are in the sun belt. Drawback is their fans would have a strong showing, but maybe we could actually get a few of our fans to an OOC road game, unlike Utah or Louisiana.

Lots of Wake fans are "afraid" of App for good reasons, as we have lost some bad ones. But this is the Clawson era, and we need to believe that we will show up for a local rivalry game every year and smack the Mtneers like any ACC team should.

No benefit in ever playing App. EVER. After the 1988 fiasco I wrote letters raging about playing that game. It's an embarrassment how hard we have to play to avoid an adverse result against those hillbillies. Sort of like WVU lite.

No reason to be afraid of losing. We just lost back to back games to ULM who is in the same conference. Who cares.

I'm not anti doing 2 for 1 with App State. Although if memory serves me correctly that could possibly turn into 3 App State home games.

Yep App would come off the mountain

I hope we keep playing Army, I dont even care if it is only at Army, that was far and away one of the most fun games to travel too. Lots of alums in NYC and booze ferry up the hudson FTW.

+1 with TAG....and want Navy too. Besides the obvious prestige, West Point and Annapolis are two of the very best venues to see a game, tailgate and take in history. The pre-game Dress Parade at Army is super and a post-game meal on the warf in Annapolis is tops.

Let me first say I love App... I'm from the mountains originally and I was actually in Boone the weekend they beat Michigan. But build a rivalry??? It would be a stupid move for Wake to try to develop a rivalry with a team from the Sun Belt conference regardless the current state of our program. By doing so we would voluntarily label our program as subordinate to the 3 in-state/in-conference (power 5 conference) rivals we already have. Charlotte is a much more viable rival for App St. Charlotte is still in close proximity to Boone and next year they will be in Conference USA.

Call it snobbish if you want, but the national perception is that Wake is a more elite program and plays in an elite conference. Wake would be wise to be completely dismissive of App and treat them as a non-entity (sorta how Ole Miss fans give you a confused look when you ask about their rivalry with Miss St.)

Back