• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

So, Vandy Is Off All Future OOC Schedules?

The SEC has 5 games scheduled with the ACC. The four traditional rivalry games, plus a unc-S Carolina game. We should try to get a 7th home game for once and not worry about what others think of LOWF.

Call it snobbish if you want, but the national perception is that Wake is a more elite program and plays in an elite conference. Wake would be wise to be completely dismissive of App and treat them as a non-entity (sorta how Ole Miss fans give you a confused look when you ask about their rivalry with Miss St.)

LSU fans being dismissive about a rivalry with Louisiana-Monroe is probably a more apt comparison

LSU fans being dismissive about a rivalry with Louisiana-Monroe is probably a more apt comparison

Vanderbilt just set up a 2 for 1 with MTSU. That would be a much better comparison in my opinion. Wake doesn't have the in-state profile that LSU does.

We need to stop being scared of playing local teams OOC.

Vanderbilt just set up a 2 for 1 with MTSU. That would be a much better comparison in my opinion. Wake doesn't have the in-state profile that LSU does.

We need to stop being scared of playing local teams OOC.

Yeah, UNC-C will take on anybody.

True, and they already have a much better understanding about what it takes to build a local fan base.

Admit everybody who can afford a postage stamp and assume that some of them will be sports fans?

You're right for sure....But I went to the Grove last year for a game and I found it amusing how every single Ole Miss fan I spoke to dismissed Mississippi State as if they were the bastard child. Hard to ignore those cowbells now

I don't think Wake should be afraid to play App St. at all. Just don't brand it as a rivalry

I have no problems with people disagreeing about a series or potential rivalry. But the insults are offensive and make those people come across as pretentious douchebags. It's very goat like. By the way...just who is our biggest rival at this point? Is there really anybody who considers us their biggest rival?

No, we're a school with 4500 undergrads that have been to one Final Four in their school's history with the biggest rivalry in college basketball (and maybe all of college sports) two hours away.

wake should play app at app if wfu alums have first dibs on any future boone dispensaries

I have no problems with people disagreeing about a series or potential rivalry. But the insults are offensive and make those people come across as pretentious douchebags. It's very goat like. By the way...just who is our biggest rival at this point? Is there really anybody who considers us their biggest rival?

You should learn the fight song, and you'll know.

We are considered "Switzerland". The "Oh yeah, those guys" of the college sports world. We haven't earned a rivalry nor the respect of an opponent on a consistent basis. 12 straight wins vs Duke hasn't made them fear us, let alone respect us. What team at the start of the year, puts an L next to their game with Wake?

I agree, no reason to criticize anybody from App. Boone is awesome. Let's just beat them. We need to get the ghost of App State losses out of the Wake Forest football attic.

Back