• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

So Wednesday is the big game (WF-VT predictions/pregame discussion)

72-54, book it.

I think we lose by 7 and the boards implode, again. Then I think Buzz shocks the world and we beat Syracuse at home on a Bzz designed last second play to Bill Moto and the boards implode, again.

plus, you have to consider that's during a stretch with having some of the weakest teams in conference history on the slate.

'12 BC, '12 GT, '13 VT are a few to come to mind that are probably worse than any ACC team WF could have faced in the decade preceding Bz.

VT has 2 starters out. They're banged up. Starting a walk on.

I usually do my predictions early in the game (perfect record!) but here it is now: we're going to win

Anyone rational realizes losing to this team should mean the death knell for Bzz. Unfortunately, King Wellman might not meet the first criterion.

How can a guy with such a losing history continue to look so smug?

The reptilian tongue flicking is another obnoxious Buzz habit.

How many more days did you say?

He's like the ScheyerFace of coaches except Scheyer was a winner.

Anyone rational realizes losing to this team should mean the death knell for Bzz. Unfortunately, King Wellman might not meet the first criterion.

He had to lose a bunch of games in a row for that to happen. He beat UNC and State, so he ain't gettin canned midseason

VT has 2 starters out. They're banged up. Starting a walk on.

I usually do my predictions early in the game (perfect record!) but here it is now: we're going to win

This would be the perfect nail in the coffin for Bz. Which makes me think we are going to win and the boards will continue to fret.

I remember when Seth Greensberg paraded a total of 6 players into the Joel -- a team decimated by injury and various other issues and consisting of a handful of scholarship players and a couple walk ons -- to face one of Skip's teams. I was sitting there courtside, so excited to see a Wake victory up close and personal.

I left very disappointed that day. There was NO ONE in the universe betting on VT that day and NO WAY on paper they could beat us. Oh well. That's why they play the game, I guess.

This would be the perfect nail in the coffin for Bz. Which makes me think we are going to win and the boards will continue to fret.

Dude, it's already been called. You don't even have to watch the game. We're getting the dub.

The last 2 years, it seems Bzzz always wins the 'nail in the coffin' game. I said UNC would beat us easily and I think we win tonight…but obviously I am not very good at these predictions.

VT might be the only team in the league more poorly coached than Wake. According to KenPom, their three most efficient offensive players, Raines, Barksdale, and Johnston, all play less than 41 percent of their available minutes. I'm guessing there are extenuating circumstances, but you'd think a coach would make these adjustments more than halfway through the season. Only Raines is a senior so it doesn't prevent a youth movement either.

I want to win for the strangest reason I can recall wanting to win a game. I look forward to the Bz/Wellman spin they put on this victory. It sets them up perfectly for the ass pounding we'll take the remainder of the season.

I expect us to come out flat, get down early, and struggle to score the entire game. I would be shocked if we win by double-digits.

No matter how bad VT is, a 10-2 start (or something similar) and we'll get very tight.

At any rate, I know VT is "terrible", but playing well on the road (against ANY opponent) is just not something a [Redacted] coached team does.

I expect us to come out flat, get down early, and struggle to score the entire game. I would be shocked if we win by double-digits.

No matter how bad VT is, a 10-2 start (or something similar) and we'll get very tight.

At any rate, I know VT is "terrible", but playing well on the road (against ANY opponent) is just not something a [Redacted] coached team does.

VT hasn't been blown out many times either. Only Michigan State, Syracuse, and VCU, all much better teams than Wake, beat them handily.

Back