• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

So Wednesday is the big game (WF-VT predictions/pregame discussion)

Vegas has VT by 1.5

KenPom has Wake by 1.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks! Not much difference, but do you think maybe that difference is explained by the recent improvement (or increased playing time) for Raines? I would think that Vegas would be more likely to take something like that into account, whereas KenPom is based on historic data. Thoughts?

Last edited:
Tech is pathetic. We're going to win. It may be our last road win of the year (and, crossing fingers, Bzz's career) but we will win. We are simply too much better than them at this point.

It's dumb to put too much emphasis on a single game.

That being said, if we lose then I am going to be really pissed.

If we win then I will continue to watch our home games and find something else to do during our road games.

Under what logic can you ever support a coach who:

*Loses on an historic level
*Routinely embarrasses his players publicly
*Is the worst recruiter Wake has had in at least half a century
*Is the worst end of game coach, anyone here has seen on any level
*Drives away fans and donors
*Drives away good kids like Anthony Fields, Tony Chennault, Carson Desroisers
*Has made our school a national laughingstock

Assinine hyperbole. Hey, that's not a bad band name.

There is no reason we lose this game.....NONE! We are a a lot better team than VT, top to bottom.
The tale of the tape says that VT should slow the game down and force us to score on our half court offense.

Assinine hyperbole. Hey, that's not a bad band name.

Each of those is a fact. The only one that can even be discussed is why the players left.

Maybe if you haven't seen many games, you can ask questions about "end of game".

There is no reason we lose this game.....NONE! We are a a lot better team than VT, top to bottom.
The tale of the tape says that VT should slow the game down and force us to score on our half court offense.

There's at least one reason: 1-27

I don't know why but I feel like we win this game in a blowout, easily double digits. I am also probably completely wrong.

Can get up to +125 on Wake to win at several books (VT -145). Thats only 42-43% chance to win per Vegas.

Would take a brave man to bet on the Fightin' [Redacted]'s when they are on the road...

So Wake has only been favored in FOUR ACC games under Bz. 4 of 58. That's how bad we've been.

That's almost unbelievable even when considering how bad we've been the past four seasons.

That's almost unbelievable even when considering how bad we've been the past four seasons.

plus, you have to consider that's during a stretch with having some of the weakest teams in conference history on the slate.

'12 BC, '12 GT, '13 VT are a few to come to mind that are probably worse than any ACC team WF could have faced in the decade preceding Bz.

VT has 2 starters out. They're banged up. Starting a walk on.

I usually do my predictions early in the game (perfect record!) but here it is now: we're going to win

Back