• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

So, who transfers? Chennault, Desrosiers, and Fields...

300px-Train_wreck_at_Montparnasse_1895.jpg

Just spoke with a reputable college basketball coaches agent this morning. He has guys he is ready to pitch to Wellman but everything he has heard thus far is [Redacted] is fully backed, though hasn't heard anything in the last 48 hours. No action from agents until they get word the coach is gone.

Got this quote in response to talking about an AD having a short list of coaches:

"AD fired a great coach to stick in his own guy who is failing like he did at his last job. The president should be checking his short list of ADs"

Can your agent friend find [Redacted] a job scouting for a NBA team, like, right now?

Dino's stock as a coach has gone up considerably by being fired and getting on ESPN. I think he could actually get a good job at this point which is crazy considering the national heat on him after the Miami loss.

Dino's stock as a coach has gone up considerably by being fired and getting on ESPN. I think he could actually get a good job at this point which is crazy considering the national heat on him after the Miami loss.

Rumor is he is in the running for Duquesne right now

That and the fact he is a crap coach

It would be truly shocking if Bz was let go. I do not think it will happen.

As big of a mess as this is, you can't have the appearance of players forcing out a coach. I would bet my life that Wellman would not let that situation unfold. If the unthinkable happens and Bz is not the coach next year, there will have to be some kind of cover up: he's moving on to the NBA, personal reasons, health issues, etc., etc. Wellman will not, repeat WILL NOT, let there be an appearance of players running off a coach and then sticking around. No player is bigger than the program. Even McKie. Thats why I think if push comes to shove and the situation is really as dire as it seems, Travis will be gone. There is no chance Travis stays and Bz is gone.

At the same time, if Travis leaves, it is truly hard to visualize Bz standing up there on media day trying to to put a positive spin on the upcoming season. Next year would just be one long, painful journey.

99TheFan discussing [Redacted] and Wellman. Fast forward to the 7:25 mark for the Wake stuff. Pretty damning what ESPN guys think of this crap. My favorite part is when they ask why hasn't Wellman fired Bz effective this morning. Reason being that Wellman is still in Boston. Answer- fire him via Skype cause that's all [Redacted] deserves at this point. Hilarious!

http://www.wralsportsfan.com/999thefan/audio/10896771/?id_related=3297567

It would be truly shocking if Bz was let go. I do not think it will happen.

As big of a mess as this is, you can't have the appearance of players forcing out a coach. I would bet my life that Wellman would not let that situation unfold. If the unthinkable happens and Bz is not the coach next year, there will have to be some kind of cover up: he's moving on to the NBA, personal reasons, health issues, etc., etc. Wellman will not, repeat WILL NOT, let there be an appearance of players running off a coach and then sticking around. No player is bigger than the program. Even McKie. Thats why I think if push comes to shove and the situation is really as dire as it seems, Travis will be gone. There is no chance Travis stays and Bz is gone.

At the same time, if Travis leaves, it is truly hard to visualize Bz standing up there on media day trying to to put a positive spin on the upcoming season. Next year would just be one long, painful journey.

Why not? The players at UNC-ch definitely pushed Dougherty out and the coach that replaced him has won 2 national titles (and counting).

99TheFan discussing [Redacted] and Wellman. Fast forward to the 7:25 mark for the Wake stuff. Pretty damning what ESPN guys think of this crap. My favorite part is when they ask why hasn't Wellman fired Bz effective this morning. Reason being that Wellman is still in Boston. Answer- fire him via Skype cause that's all [Redacted] deserves at this point. Hilarious!

http://www.wralsportsfan.com/999thefan/audio/10896771/?id_related=3297567

Local sports radio personalities are even more moronic than trolls like blackgold

Just spoke with a reputable college basketball coaches agent this morning. He has guys he is ready to pitch to Wellman but everything he has heard thus far is [Redacted] is fully backed, though hasn't heard anything in the last 48 hours. No action from agents until they get word the coach is gone.

Which is when everything now cited as the chief reason to dismiss him has occurred. He has to go.

I have a friend that is good friends with Shaka...I asked him to text him to see if has heard anything about Travis. He said he would.

I doubt he would say anything even if he has but we shall see.

Why not? The players at UNC-ch definitely pushed Dougherty out and the coach that replaced him has won 2 national titles (and counting).

To clarify, I just don't see it happening on Wellman's watch. Regardless of what's happned down the road, it looks really bad. If Wellman breaks, in his mind, what's to stop another mutiny in any of the other sports the next time the players can't get along with the coach he chose. Bz is essentially an extension of Wellman.

Back