• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

So You Are George Zimmerman, What Do You Do Now?

Just put a black kid in the corner...instant erection for him.

"Nobody puts black kid in a corner".
th

Per Florida law, TM's parents stand to pay GZ's costs if a civil jury finds he acted in self defense. A criminal jury just did, so... I think TM's parents need to just cut their losses and go back to obscurity. Maybe make some money doing interviews instead of sending their dumb lawyer flunky out to do them.

Yeah, because cases that go one way in a criminal trial never go the other way in a civil trial with a different burden of proof.

Per Florida law, TM's parents stand to pay GZ's costs if a civil jury finds he acted in self defense. A criminal jury just did, so... I think TM's parents need to just cut their losses and go back to obscurity. Maybe make some money doing interviews instead of sending their dumb lawyer flunky out to do them.

You mean like how OJ was found not guilty and the Goldman's got a $40M judgement?

The criminal jury didn't find that. All they found was the prosecution didn't prove its case.

You mean like how OJ was found not guilty and the Goldman's got a $40M judgement?

The criminal jury didn't find that. All they found was the prosecution didn't prove its case.

The Martin 's don't want the evidence that was previously, and likely, illegally held which further proves Zimnerman's claims.

There will be sanctions and Dershowitz has laid out the case for George's Civil Rights having been violated.

Ben Crump was with Candy Crowley yesterday and appeared right after Dershowitz. Dershowitz claimed that the Defense does not want the exculpatory evidence revealed -- embarrassment was the reason I gathered. When Crump came on he went to the heart of the matter by alleging "we don't know when and who sent those texts and pics" -- so, it would appear that there is additional info out there and Trayvon's attorney does not believe it can be conclusively tied to Trayvon -- if only Anthony Weiner had been so lucky.

Anyway, that's BS and it can be determined who sent what and if it is on his phone then it is his.

Comparing this case to the OJ is pretty stupid. The not guilty verdict in the criminal case was clearly just a case of jury nullification. The Zimmerman case was a lack of evidence. That lack of evidence is not going to go away in a civil case. Further, OJ wasn't a self-defense case.

Further, apparently, he can still seek and get civil immunity based on the Stand Your Ground law. O'Mara was pretty clear is his press conference on Saturday night that they are going to do just that.

He didn't get SYG in criminal court. We don't know if the jury would have convicted on the much lower standard needed in civil court.

If I'm not mistaken, you don't need a unanimous jury in civil court.

I believe the verdict still has to be unanimous in civil court. Perhaps one of resident Florida lawyers can chime in on that. Zimmerman's lawyers appear to believe that he can still rely on the SYG to get immunity in civil court. Perhaps he can request a SYG hearing in the civil case.

You guys are all way off. Like all winners of big events - George is going to Disneyland.

I believe the verdict still has to be unanimous in civil court. Perhaps one of resident Florida lawyers can chime in on that. Zimmerman's lawyers appear to believe that he can still rely on the SYG to get immunity in civil court. Perhaps he can request a SYG hearing in the civil case.

Correct.

You guys are all way off. Like all winners of big events - George is going to Disneyland.

Probably safer than down the road at Disney World.

Not sure how that has anything to do with my post... but okay.

I am not sure how it relates to your post either but it does put a pretty large ding in the GZ is a racist story line. Not too many racists went around campaigning their family for Obama.

I'm one of the few liberals who agrees with the verdict. It's a shame Zimmerman engendered more reaction than Casey Anthony. Maybe he'll dump his wife and hook up with her.

Here is an interesting question.

Does this incident drive a wedge between the Latino and African American blocks....ie possibly leave room for conservatives to make gains with more conservative Latinos?

Back