• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Sousa and Cameron

Many positions open in my eyes, including QB.

Just about every position. And I don't say that trying to be a smart ass.

OL - lose several players off of a unit that has been shaky at best. Man we really need some of the young guys to step up

TE - you could tell me that we haven't used one the last 2 seasons and I would probably believe you.

RB - coaches seem to like Reynolds - can Harris show some durability and stay out of the doghouse (and on the field)?

DL - it would be nice to get more than 3 sacks a season for a change

LB - really need more athleticism with our ILB depth. Who steps up to replace Wilber?

S - despite Bush's INTs, this has been far from a strength the last couple of seasons. I thought Mack and Lowe would have gotten more time this year, so that makes me worry about this position going forward.

CB - my goodness do we need someone to step up at the corner opposite of Noel. Hopefully KJ comes back strong next year

K/P - obviously

I actually said to my wife when we got the ball back for the last time: "well, here is were we lose, because our quarterback is Tanner Price and not Riley Skinner. Riley was a gamer, and Tanner is not."

Even throwing out the stats, Tanner is NOT a winner like Riley was and if that was ever in doubt, it was proven on our last drive tonight.

Haha. Mere minutes after I posted on the game thread that Tanner opened up a QB controversy with his performance tonight.

Even if you think Tanner has it on lock, you'll be paying extra attention to the Spring practice reports just wondering "if".

A coaching prospective that MSSU seemed to scout Tanner on. He is considerably less accurate when throwing to his right, especially under duress. So they sent a lot of pressure to his right side in passing downs to force a quick read and throw. Typically, it is taught to throw into the direction of the blitz because that is generally were the holes are in zone type pressure schemes such as Tanner saw tonight. Tanner's lack of confidence making this throw to the right with accuracy led him to constantly trying to hit the crossing route in which he is at times sporadic with his accuracy (touch) as well. Very sound defensive strategy that teams will work to memic until Tanner proves otherwise next season.

What a dbag post. Skinner, short of Chill, Hemric and a few others, was one of the greatest gamers in WF sports history. Tanner played like shit tonight, no doubt, but it wasn't b/c he's not a gamer. A greatest ever gamer? Well fucking a, maybe not. But the kid is a winner. Tonight, no, and it sucked. But you called it before the drive started? Bullshit.

"Well, honey, here is where we lose b/c out qb isn't John fucking Elway." Way to go, Socrates.

I actually said to my wife when we got the ball back for the last time: "well, here is were we lose, because our quarterback is Tanner Price and not Riley Skinner. Riley was a gamer, and Tanner is not."

Even throwing out the stats, Tanner is NOT a winner like Riley was and if that was ever in doubt, it was proven on our last drive tonight.

Only because I want to see what these two kids bring to the table. Do I wish Tanner had it on lock? Of course, but so do you, because if he did that would mean he's good enough to keep two stud recruits on the sideline holding clipboards. And if he doesn't keep the job, I predict we'll look much the same as we would should he hold on to it.

Haha. Mere minutes after I posted on the game thread that Tanner opened up a QB controversy with his performance tonight.

Even if you think Tanner has it on lock, you'll be paying extra attention to the Spring practice reports just wondering "if".

It doesn't help that one of Price's main targets decided to mail the game in, I t wasn't his best game, but let's be seriously. He is our QB next year. To say otherwise is ludicrous.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

"Well, honey, here is where we lose b/c out qb isn't John fucking Elway." Way to go, Socrates.

Sweet, so I was smart. Thanks.

BTW, Riley Skinner was his predecessor...if you don't think its fair to compare him to the guy who had his job before him, then you can dblow me.

It seemed to me that Tanner wasn't throwing the ball with the same zip that he had earlier in the season. I noticed the same thing in the Vandy game. I wonder if he has some injury to his throwing arm. Some of his passes tonight were horrible.

It doesn't help that one of Price's main targets decided to mail the game in, I t wasn't his best game, but let's be seriously. He is our QB next year. To say otherwise is ludicrous.

Agree that he is without question our QB next year.
agreed as to the beginning of the season; but not so sure about the end of the season.

Lacks pocket awareness and touch at this point in his career. Needs to greatly improve this over the spring and into the summer for us to make any strides next year. He now has the reps were no one can no longer call him a YOUNG QB. Sousa, hope your the real deal so that Tanner can feel the pressure of someone pushing him. Every player needs this.

Horrific play calling. Blitz with no blockers.

I don't think it's fair for you to compare bird shit with dog shit because you're an idiot. You don't think Price is a "gamer"? I can't help you. Tonight? No. Last drive? Awful. 3rd and 4th down throws? Hideous. But you think his overall body of work is such that you could call it to your wife that he'd blow it? Whatever. I'll take seeing him deliver many a strike against FSU this year, among other games, and sleep well. Stop the Skinner shit. Congrats for concluding that he's not as proficient as one of the best, if not THE GREATEST, qbs in the history of a program that's over a century old.

Sweet, so I was smart. Thanks.

BTW, Riley Skinner was his predecessor...if you don't think its fair to compare him to the guy who had his job before him, then you can dblow me.

Only because I want to see what these two kids bring to the table. Do I wish Tanner had it on lock? Of course, but so do you, because if he did that would mean he's good enough to keep two stud recruits on the sideline holding clipboards. And if he doesn't keep the job, I predict we'll look much the same as we would should he hold on to it.

I just want a great QB on the field. If it's Tanner, great. If it's Souza, great. If it's Cameron, great.

I think Tanner will be the guy next year and I think he'll improve. Just saying he opened himself up to this with a rough performance tonight.

100% agree but it's sort of a "no shit" comment. Yeah, who wouldn't have wanted to see 30-42, 325, 3 tds, 0 pics and have the qb controversy thing shutdown? The sad thing for us fans of QB stability is that tonight Tanner failed b/c he threw like shit. Injury related? Who knows. We know he has a cannon though, as we've seen him make throws. Tonight, he was so dreadful it's tough to gauge what happened. First bowl? I wouldn't think so, as home vs. FSU and ND with a chance to win should clear those jitters. Who knows. Camp thinks he's not a "gamer" - maybe he's the smartest guy in the room.

I just want a great QB on the field. If it's Tanner, great. If it's Souza, great. If it's Cameron, great.

I think Tanner will be the guy next year and I think he'll improve. Just saying he opened himself up to this with a rough performance tonight.

Last edited:
I really don't think that the position is going to anybody other than tanner. as long as he doesn't regress, it is his.

I feel that Sousa probably will not take the job, but I think he will be on his heels. Sousa is more of a two way threat, which would be a great addition to our offense. Tanner is fast, but Sousa is faster.

Someone told me Sousa is being converted into a WR. Not sure if thats accurate at all, can someone lay some insight into that?

maybe if Kevin takes over, that stupid option that Steed runs will actually work, because they'll have to worry about the qb keeping it.

Once again Riley Skinner wasn't nothing that special. He was an average QB with a superb defense backing him up. Here is his stats and only his accuracy stands. He was almost the ACC all time most accurate passer.

171 260 65.8 2051 7.9 9 59 5 139.6

WAKE

236 326 72.4 2204 6.8 12 62 13 133.4

WAKE

232 363 63.9 2347 6.5 13 58 7 126.2

WAKE

264 400 66.0 3160 7.9 25 80 12 147.0

I mean he had 9tds to 5ints in 06 that is far from spectacular. Yes he did have much better pocket awareness which I think Tanner is developing this year. Everyone should have noticed towards the end of the season Tanner started taking off and running for big gains when he should have and he will only approve. Tanner is also only in his 2nd year when it normally would have been his 3rd. This season was the start of his rise to the record books for Wake. What he only needs 24 or 25 tds to pass Riley.

As for Sousa and Cameron neither will ever take his job unless Tanner gets hurt. Tanner is a good qb and anyone who watched him this year could see it, he may not be the full package yet but most kids who are do not go to Wake Forest. But he is getting there.

Sousa only practiced about half the year due to torn tendons so he is behind and his arm from his highlights is not that impressive and the same goes for Cameron. They may be good qb's in the future but I don't believe either will have the arm Tanner does.

Back