• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Sousa and Cameron

I think Cameron needs to develop some arm strength. In his highlight video he looked like most of his passes just floated.

We did a reasonable job with the blocking on the blitzes. They did a great job of forcing us into bad reads. We struggled with recognition and execution.

Love the potential these other guys have (Sousa, Cameron)

BUT

Tanner Price WILL be our starter next year, and the year after that. There will not be any speculation throughout the process because Price is a worker and will come back in the spring and never look back.

Every position at every level of the game is technically "up for grabs" each year, which is good for the team and players. Have the QBs push Tanner, it should help them all get better. If by some random chance another QB is better, then play them. But I fully expect to see Price as the QB next season and think he did nothing this year to prove he deserves to lose his spot. I do hope that if some QB-controversy does develop, it is settled well before fall practice as that time needs to be spent grooming the QB, not still evaluating which one to go with.

The offense is going to be very young next year. If my math is correct, the offensive player entering next season with more starts than Price is Bohannon and that's only if the FB is counted as a starter regardless.

We did a reasonable job with the blocking on the blitzes. They did a great job of forcing us into bad reads. We struggled with recognition and execution.

I thought our protection was pretty awful but that should have been planned for. Like many others, I was disappointed with our lack of adjustments in routes.

The offense is going to be very young next year. If my math is correct, the offensive player entering next season with more starts than Price is Bohannon and that's only if the FB is counted as a starter regardless.

Camp played at Disney with a bunch of highly rated all-stars. You are pretty high on him on the other thread.

Yep. I am. What does that have to do with my post above? He's one of 11 guys on the field at a time.

He'll be one of our older 3rd year guys and a stud the next 2 seasons. I think he was more highly rated than Boh and Tanner?

He'll be one of our older 3rd year guys and a stud the next 2 seasons. I think he was more highly rated than Boh and Tanner?

Right. What does that have to do with my post?

There were a few times when I noticed before the play that the slot receiver was completely uncovered, or the DB covering him was showing blitz, and Tanner looked lost when that blitz came. I have to believe that with everything he's done, Price has the authority to tinker with plays on the fly. If he does, why does he use that ability so rarely? And if he doesn't, why not? QUOTE]

This! I see this as a coaching issue and I agree 100%. Its almost like Tanner is told where to go with the ball ( to # 2 - 75% of the time) and when that isn't there then he is lost.

Tanner just didn't look good at times last night. A lot of indecision. A lot of missed receivers. He made three bad throws in a row on that last drive when the cowbells were playing soft - two overthrows on crossing routes and the under throw on the out.

I agree that it is Tanner's job to lose, though.

Horrible offensive blocking scheme put tanner in dangerous position

I don't really know if Tanner has the option to audible his receivers, I know he didn't last year, but was a freshman.

I don't really know if Tanner has the option to audible his receivers, I know he didn't last year, but was a freshman.

Like I said coaching....if the slot is uncovered, like he was the other night then Tanner should be able to adjust the play.

There was one play where MSU had an obvious corner blitz and the WR (Givens) ran what was ostensibly a hot route and Tanner immediately threw it to him for a quick gain. During another similar situation, Givens ran the hot route but Tanner took his normal drop anyway.

We don't appear to have any "hot reads" when there is an obvious blitz. Tanner sits back there and gets swamped.

We knew that Miss. St. had a great defense. Tanner is a pocket QB, and he was being swamped the entire 2nd half, and that's why his safety valve QB had a career game. Tanner didn't have enough time to make any longer reads, it was a drop and then immediately "oh shit", pass it to camp over the middle.

Back