• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

SPOILERS: Star Wars: The Last Jedi Discussion Thread SPOILERS

Finally saw it again. Enjoyed it much, much more the second time around. noticed a big plot hole i hadn't read on here: del Toro's betrayal of Finn and Rose was to reveal to the Empire the rebels' secret evacuation of the flagship on cloaked transports. But Finn and Rose actually didn't know about that plan at all. There must have been a cut scene or something where he overhears Oscar Isaac relaying it or something. I wish that Holdo had revealed that she knew about the Finn and Rose scheme all along and that letting it proceed was a way of distracting the Empire from their escape. Plot was a bit thin there.

I love both the Yoda scene (minus his bullshit about ancient books!) and Luke throughout. He's perfect. He dies just like Obi-wan, distracting the bad guy while his friends escape.

Part i loved i hadn't properly appreciated before was luke's final moments on the rock. Close up on his face accompanied by his memorable leitmotif from ANH with the twin suns redolent of Tatooine which segues into the brand new Rey leitmotif and a closeup of her face. Just brilliant filmmaking, score and shots and production.

I assumed del Toro overhead the news while finn was talking to poe asking him to buy them time to get onto the ship. After getting caught del Toro sold the only info he had.

This. I thought Isaac said something over the comm to them at some point and he overheard it, but if you're right its a major plot hole

Doesn't Poe radio Finn and Rose right after he finds out they are getting on the transports/abandoning ship when Finn and Rose are within hearing distance of DT?

someone elsewhere on the internet says:

Before Poe starts his mutiny, he radios Finn to inform him that Vice Admiral Holdo is planning to flee the cruiser and head to the surface and they need to get the tracker down ASAP to make the jump to hyperspace. During this scene, DJ is sat in a chair behind Finn listening to the whole conversation, the film even makes a point of cutting to his face showing him looking interested.

that doesn't seem like enough for DJ to give to the FO to figure out the entire plan but maybe/probably the answer's on the cutting room floor

I wanna know where were all these other obsessive star wars nerds when I was in elementary and middle school? It would have been cool to have friends.

Doesn't Poe radio Finn and Rose right after he finds out they are getting on the transports/abandoning ship when Finn and Rose are within hearing distance of DT?

Saw it again yesterday with the kids -- this is confirmed. I don't see it as an issue. Holdo not telling Poe the whole plan, that he immediately buys into when Leia tells him bothers me a lot more.

Better the second time -- this movie definitely has a higher rewatchability factor than TFA. The epicness of the scenes where Ren kills Snoke, Holdo splits Snoke's ship, and Luke faces off with Ren beats anything in TFA by far, imo. Somehow did not notice the kid at the end using the force to grab the broomstick, which was cool.

it does seem too easy to take out the big ships by just going kamikaze style at light speed into them

is there no autopilot function?!

It doesn't need to be as big as a ship: any small, targeted object traveling at lightspeed would absolutely wreck an Imperial ship.

E9 should just be about ships wrecking other ships via hyperspace jumps.

In Rogue One we met the Hammerhead Corvette whose sole purpose is ramming, just at sublight, apparently.

Back