• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Spring Football Practice

I don’t fucking know man. He might develop into a good player, he might not. Cutting a guy loose after one redshirt year and one spring practice is fucking stupid.
Maybe before, but now when every player can become a free agent after the season, you need to take a look at your roster and say who can help me win now. Look at C. Greene, he’s a red shirt junior at WR who never had a catch. It’s a different era in college football now, you can’t keep guys on the roster who you think may develop into someone eventually. You either see it or you don’t.

I don't remember Andrade at all. Surprised Carney isn't 2nd RB. Is he hurt?

Melvin could be very good. Like his body type

Has anyone asked Clawson about the QB headset? Do we go huddles now? The headset doesn't make a big change if we still call plays at line.

Maybe before, but now when every player can become a free agent after the season, you need to take a look at your roster and say who can help me win now. Look at C. Greene, he’s a red shirt junior at WR who never had a catch. It’s a different era in college football now, you can’t keep guys on the roster who you think may develop into someone eventually. You either see it or you don’t.
Sounds like a good argument to bring in an older freshman QB like Hecklinski

I recorded it and fast forwarded thru it. I thought of you while watching. You did not disappoint. That’s not an insult either.

I recorded it and fast forwarded thru it. I thought of you while watching. You did not disappoint. That’s not an insult either.
I get it. Hank looks fine. Jeremy looks like he could step in and be a dude in the future. Still scared about OL and DBs.

I get it. Hank looks fine. Jeremy looks like he could step in and be a dude in the future. Still scared about OL and DBs.

Hank looked “fine” but that concerns me. He looked awesome on the first drive but then it wasn’t much. It’s also hard to gauge during a scrimmage.

Interesting note slipped in about last year's left tackle. Apparently he was injured such that he couldn't play the other side. Now DeVonte Gordon is over on the left. Should be a massive improvement of the blind side protection.

Back