• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Spring!

Say this thing ends in the 336 late day thursday, how long will it take them to have the main roads cleared off?

If it's 8-12"? I would say they will have all the main roads cleared by Saturday or Sunday. Neighborhood roads may still be blocked on Monday. Depends on how warm it gets.

If it's 8-12"? I would say they will have all the main roads cleared by Saturday or Sunday. Neighborhood roads may still be blocked on Monday. Depends on how warm it gets.

44 Friday, 44 Saturday, 51 Sunday, and 50 Monday
Those are the highs.

I just drove from Winston to Burlington and back. Westbound I-40 had three salt trucks running side by side with a number of DOT vehicles behind them slowing up the traffic making for a decent buildup of cars even at 1PM. At least they are being proactive and getting the roads primed early. There were also a number of emergency signs up alerting travelers of the conditions approaching.
On the flip side, I was stunned at the number of people at Wake today who thought that we were going to only get 1 or 2 inches. A few people called me crazy for predicting more. Northerners think just because they have experienced snowstorms in their lives that they know it all. Well I have lived in both the NE and SE for a number of years and I can tell you that snow/ice storms down here are worse. Enjoy huddling in your powerless apartment with no food to eat for the next 3 days garden state shitbricks.

I feel like I'm going to drive to work tomorrow just in time to spend an hour or so there and turn back around.

Is your boss an asshole? Seems like it's pretty common sense at this point that tomorrow is going to be a work-from-home day for basically everyone in NC.

I just drove from Winston to Burlington and back. Westbound I-40 had three salt trucks running side by side with a number of DOT vehicles behind them slowing up the traffic making for a decent buildup of cars even at 1PM. At least they are being proactive and getting the roads primed early. There were also a number of emergency signs up alerting travelers of the conditions approaching.
On the flip side, I was stunned at the number of people at Wake today who thought that we were going to only get 1 or 2 inches. A few people called me crazy for predicting more. Northerners think just because they have experienced snowstorms in their lives that they know it all. Well I have lived in both the NE and SE for a number of years and I can tell you that snow/ice storms down here are worse. Enjoy huddling in your powerless apartment with no food to eat for the next 3 days garden state shitbricks.

Yeah I agree with this. Having gone from the south to the north, it's not that 6" is different from the two places, it's just a question of allocation of resources. If the place you're living isn't equipped (for whatever reason) to handle the weather, then it's going to be different. It doesn't matter if you can drive in six inches of snow in Rhode Island where the roads get plowed consistently when it snows if the roads in Winston are completely covered with not enough plow trucks.

That being said, 8-12" of snow is pretty substantial anywhere. Northeastern has cancelled school four times already since January so it's not like everything up here doesn't shut down at a certain point. It's definitely different though how 2" of snow is handled from the two areas. It seems pretty similar how snow is handled up front when 6"+ is predicted, it just takes Winston/the South longer to get back on its feet than it does up here. But as the storm is occurring both places pretty much shut down.

Models are useless now , except short range ones.

Also weekend highs don't take into account snowpack yet.

It's him! The one who lived!

He's seen the Future of America and it's in Holly Springs!

Is your boss an asshole? Seems like it's pretty common sense at this point that tomorrow is going to be a work-from-home day for basically everyone in NC.

Is it? I didn't think it was starting in WS until the afternoonish.

The sun is beaming pretty bright through my office window right now. I know absolutely zilch about meteorology, but I just don't see how things could change so quickly over night. Here's to hoping Drew and everyone else is right! :koolaid:

The sun is beaming pretty bright through my office window right now. I know absolutely zilch about meteorology, but I just don't see how things could change so quickly over night. Here's to hoping Drew and everyone else is right! :koolaid:

You ever watched a big 'ol summer thunderstorm roll through? It goes from beautiful summer day to total fucking armageddon in a matter of minutes.

Cabarrus County, Kannapolis City, Rowan-Salisbury schools already closed tomorrow.

The same way it's been cloudy as shit for two straight days and the sun finally came out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lol...you don't know how it could go from sunny to cloudy within 15 hours? This explains a lot of your takes on the sports board.

Check the radar here and press future http://www.weather.com/weather/map/interactive/Winston-Salem+NC+USNC0767:1:US

That storm that is sitting in east Texas is about to come together and get pushed ENE. It's a big storm.

Back