• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Spring!

Tomorrow, when the deformation band sets up it will be crazy. Question is where it will be Models have it anywhere from the foothills to the triangle. Whomever is under it could see 2, 4, even 8" of snow.

I will say -- I'm cool with the amount we got in Raleigh. Not interested in 8 more inches and being stuck inside for a week.

Masterful plan by coach K to opt into not playing while they had the last say... Guess he didn't want to play with 20k students rocking the place. Fucking puss.

Masterful plan by coach K to opt into not playing while they had the last say... Guess he didn't want to play with 20k students rocking the place. Fucking puss.

You sound like a Tarhole.

No doubt in my mind that this was the real reason they didn't play the game.

Not a hole, but I will admit this is the perfect night to watch a rivalry game like this. But from what I was told, duke was on campus, stayed overnight, but was given the last word to cancel, as unc said they would do it. Duke apparently said no. Might be wrong, but that would have been a nice change pace to see duke play in a student environment like they have. Might be wrong, just what I was told.

I think it's clear the game should have been canceled much earlier in the day. However, once the holes announced the game would be open to all students who could make it, K decided then, they wouldn't attempt to leave Durham. If this had been almost any other game, the team would have made sure they could get there. Personally, I was hoping they played the game and the roof collapsed, but maybe next week. Drew any chance for storm next Thursday?

Right, well western NC is going to get absolutely pounded.

What is in store for the Triangle overnight and into tomorrow? Currently getting some sleet/freezing rain in Durham. 6 beers in, no regrets.

You guys have any updated models/pics to show showing the storms new expected track?

Probably doesn't include Winston but it shouldn't hurt Winston too much I don't think. Should still be sleet into snow. Big bands will come through tomorrow as Drew alluded to earlier and will absolutely pour snow wherever they hit. That's just a crap shoot as far as where they hit. The storm stalled a little bit in going up the coast and didn't go as fast as projected, which resulted in eastern Tennessee into western NC getting hit harder than projected. I think the original Winston numbers are still on spot.

We are at hour 5 of consistent sleet. My daughter just ran into our room - it woke her up. Impressive stuff.

I worry this thing is going to race up the coast at this point. Wouldn't surprise me at all if the sun was shining bright ~9-10am. Oh well - disappointing if I'm right but still good fun. A lot of beer, wine, stew and fresh bread tonight w/ work off tomorrow - can't beat that.

Probably doesn't include Winston but it shouldn't hurt Winston too much I don't think. Should still be sleet into snow. Big bands will come through tomorrow as Drew alluded to earlier and will absolutely pour snow wherever they hit. That's just a crap shoot as far as where they hit. The storm stalled a little bit in going up the coast and didn't go as fast as projected, which resulted in eastern Tennessee into western NC getting hit harder than projected. I think the original Winston numbers are still on spot.

wxii just said Mt Airy, Lexington, High Point, and Greensboro all had 5-6" and Winston had 3.5". what gives?

I'm about to throw in the towel and then I read this: https://www.facebook.com/WxSouth

From 12 minutes ago:

WxSouth
12 minutes ago
precip in west NC should redevelop overnight . #tnwx eastern is in for slamming all night. Quite a bit more to come. some 18" totals likely

The worst part for Winston may not even begin til tomorrow. All snow too.....

Back